Who doesn’t keep their authenticity card?!

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
I’ve been looking for flaps and reissues and I’m shocked how many don’t have dustbag or cards. I can understand how the box could get lost but even then- who would throw out a chanel box?! I find it hard almost everyone who sells to resellers loses these cards. Some even say they were the sole owner but threw the card and receipt away. Hard to believe to be honest.

My mom never kept any of the authenticity cards and receipts, she only kept the dustbags. Hence why I didn't keep anything from my first Chanel bag that was new from the boutique, she gifted me my first Chanel bag. She buys Chanel bags to use and does not baby her bags. She doesn't resell her bags and once she doesnt use the bags anymore, she donates or gives it away.

My mom never kept any of the authenticity cards and receipts, she only kept the dustbags. Hence why I didn't keep anything from my first Chanel bag that was new from the boutique, she gifted me my first Chanel bag. She buys Chanel bags to use and does not baby her bags. She doesn't resell her bags and once she doesnt use the bags anymore, she donates or gives it away.
Wow! How luxurious! Makes sense!

I lost one of my authenticity cards and just recently found it inside the old tissue paper that the Chanel box came in. I also sent one of my bags for repair, removed the authenticity card and "kept it somewhere safe" - I forgot where I put it.

When I went shopping in Paris, I actually had to throw away my boxes and only pack my new bags, so that everything could fit in my carry on.

Haha - It happens! None of which are intentional, but over time, things get lost. The cards are so small and I'm not as meticulous as some people to keep receipts & authenticity cards in binders.

I’ve been looking for flaps and reissues and I’m shocked how many don’t have dustbag or cards. I can understand how the box could get lost but even then- who would throw out a chanel box?! I find it hard almost everyone who sells to resellers loses these cards. Some even say they were the sole owner but threw the card and receipt away. Hard to believe to be honest.

I feel like when people start their collections they might keep the boxes but at some point they pile up filling closets. A few years ago I decide enough was enough and tossed all my Chanel, Hermes and LV boxes in the recycle. Moreover, bills and authenticity cards are easily lost unless the bag is a fairly recent purchase.

I feel like when people start their collections they might keep the boxes but at some point they pile up filling closets. A few years ago I decide enough was enough and tossed all my Chanel, Hermes and LV boxes in the recycle. Moreover, bills and authenticity cards are easily lost unless the bag is a fairly recent purchase.

did u knoweach box can be worth upto $100+! On eBay I see each accessory being sold for that amount. It’s insane.

I always try to keep mine.

It’s a deal breaker when buying used for me. I can deal with a lost box, lost dustbag....for some odd reason a lost authenticity card is a deal breaker for me.
I’m the same. It’s really odd. But only for Chanel’s. Everything else doesn’t matter for me and Hermes ideal is the dustbag and box.