who carries black leather bags even in the summer?

Up until a year or two ago, most of my bags were black. I have carried and will continue to carry my black bags all year around. I usually don't follow fashions rules and just go with what I like.

Most of my handbags are black. I love this colour the most and living up here in the dark Canadian skies for most of the year, black just sits well. I guess it does depend on the climate. Nine months of the year up here are grey. Maybe I should have bought more grey, eh?

Since discovering tPF, I am starting to add more colourful scarves to my handbags. It's a bit weird since most gals seem to be carrying black bags with nothing on them. And, yeah, most of the commuters and ladies walking down the steets in this city carry black--bad, cheap, worn out, ugly nylon black.

So, black is the general rule here all year round. Even my very colourful girlfriend carries these ugly black nylon bags. I gave her one of my brand new cream beige leather bags and encouraged her to use it for the summer. She was hesitant because she might stand out, but I think she's getting into the swing of things.

I am carving my own niche by getting colours that veer away from black, but most of my Coach bags are black. It probably is more for camoflage to blend it with the other dreary dressers than anything else because everybody is just unhappy about the cold grey skies. The summers are just too short to make much of an impact so I guess the blacks win out.

Hmmm....see I live in the same area and I have ONE black bag currently. Maybe all the public transit commutors in the city dress more "drearily" since they have to trudge through the snow? Outside of the city I guess everyone generally drives so one doesn't really need to blend in or be unhappy about the weather (which really isn't THAT bad!:P)

I think a black bag can definitely be worn year round. Personally I just love having that pop of colour in my handbag and just carry whatever colour I'm in the mood for. I'm not a rule follower either!

I have no rules for what colors to carry when. I'd carry a black bag any time of the year. I don't have any pastel bags, but if I did...I'd carry them winter and summer....I'd carry a white purse in the winter too.

most of my bags are black or brown, i just throw on a scarf to match the season, as opposed to buying bags for each season, Black is a timless color and I wear it year round

Hmmm....see I live in the same area and I have ONE black bag currently. Maybe all the public transit commutors in the city dress more "drearily" since they have to trudge through the snow? Outside of the city I guess everyone generally drives so one doesn't really need to blend in or be unhappy about the weather (which really isn't THAT bad!:P)

I think a black bag can definitely be worn year round. Personally I just love having that pop of colour in my handbag and just carry whatever colour I'm in the mood for. I'm not a rule follower either!

I guess I admit that I am genaralizing. I see such dreary bags all around that Coach looks fresh and different. Many of the commuters I've noticed carry Roots bags. I carry Roots bags too and I rarely see white, red, or orange, or even pink. Most of the bags are brown, black, tribal. Not too many carry brighter colours.

I see the President's Choice shopping bags that look all pilly and natty. I even see TNA and Lululemon yoga bags that look like they should be retired or burned.

I started out collecting Coach mainly in the darker colours but I am choosing brighter ones in my collection now. I notice that when I carry my HS pink bag, many eyes zero in on this bag like a celebrity.

Maybe I should try to see if there are brighter colours, but I think I am pretty accurate on the dullness aspect--at least downtown, that is.

Dress it up with a scarf and its perfect. I carry my black leather bag with a scarf and a cute flower charm...black leather is timeless and "season"less I believe...its perfect all year. Anyone agree?:tup:
Agree! I'm using a black leather Coach tote for my internship this summer but I'm getting a few colorful scarves to dress it up. Black is one of those things that's never out of style or season. ;)

If I didn't carry black bags in the summer I'd have about 3 to rotate VS about 13 to pick from!!! Black is seasonless IMO and it depends on your outfit and wardrobe! I actually feel like I may be buying and sporting some non-Coach this summer, just for fun colors and to mix it up!!!
The Haden Harnett line for Taget is looking really good, and if they come out with some cute spring/summer lines I'll go that route!

hmmmm well before i fell in love with a certain wite legacy bag that will remain nameless until i acquire her..heheeheehee....i carried black mostly in the winter and brown in the summer...this year i'm thinking.....of getting a few canvas...totes and that elusive legacy peice i've been stalking....so i say carry what makes u smile life is too short not to do what u want honey....hth