who carries black leather bags even in the summer?

Oh definitely me! I have a black Bleecker hobo (the small one 11415) w/ tattersall lining, the Soho flap duffel (cross-body) and the Hamptons patchwork satchel. Probably won't be using the PW satchel in the summer, but I think it's more b/c it's SO big--I teach so I don't need to carry it to work in the summer--rather than b/c of the color. Also, it's seems "heavy" to me--a winter bag, I guess--perhaps b/c it's got patent, python and suede patches...it just seems like a winter bag to me.

That's kinda like saying "I will not wear my little black cocktail dress until winter comes." Black is classic, sexy & sleek year round, it doesn't make sense to not wear it until colder months.

is this a no-no or what? opinions please?

I wear a bit of black about 95% of the time. I usually use my black leather/patent leather Coach tote in the winter and for summer I often use my black plain canvas with leather trim tote. I have black sandals etc that coordinate. Last summer I tied on my pucci scarf that has lots of colours inclu a tad of black for a "pop" of colour and loved it. Now that I have found Coach ponytail scarves this will be a fun summer too.

:beach: See, even smiley looks good with black accessories.

I wont say that I never carry one of my black bags in the summer, but I do feel they are a little to heavy for the warm weather, because of the color and because my black bags are most Legacy pieces or other "thick" leather bags. If I had a garcia leather or similar lightweight black bag, however, I might use them more often. I dont really do pastels either, though, so my summer bags are usually my colorful, lightweight leather bags. And I agree that pretty summery scarves/fobs definitely lighten up the leather bags.