Who babies their MONO bags?

When I was carrying my mono galliera, I would wipe it with a damp cloth every couple days. And believe it or not, dirt (or dust?) would come off. I did this very lightly. Is it weird to "baby" a bag in such a way? My Artsy MM will be here in less than 48 hours and I don't know if I should do the wiping down thing. My bags are on my shoulder and passenger seat in car so I don't know where the dirt/dust is coming from.

I don't baby my bags, per se, but I do keep all of them in their dustbags in my closet. Also, when I'm using a bag, I NEVER put it on the floor. If I'm at a restaurant, etc., I will put it on an empty chair, or beside me if it's a bench seat. As for the vachetta, I'm glad that LV has worked on the smudging that happens from the brass. That's one thing that drives me NUTS! :wacko: On my older bags with smudging, I use saddle soap to clean the leather from time to time...This speeds up the "patina" process, but it still looks beautiful.

I do baby my Alma--I've had it for a few years. I don't wear it as often as my others but I am kind of protective of all of them. I posted it over in the Alma club.
I just love the unusual shape of it and the top handle:tender:

DSCF1002-1.jpg

I don't baby my mono bags at all... My LV monos are actually my throwaround bags. :P They're so durable and worry-free. I've been caught in a rain before and when the vachetta dried, it looked completely brand new. I've had nail polish accidentally spilt on the vach as well but a little nail polish remover and a damp cloth removed all of it, and the tan on my vach is still even and beautiful.

I don't baby any of my mono bags. I purposely buy the mono so I can schlepp them around without having to worry about them. Nothing has ever happened to them. All my mono bags still look WONDERFUL and I have been collecting for over 15 years. Now my Pradas I am a bit more careful with. Any type of leather bags, but the mono...this is why I spend the money on it, so I don't have to baby it:P

Thats 100% how I feel ! Couldnt have said it any better.

I don't baby my bags nor do I abuse them. Every once in a while I wipe them down, especially the handles. LV bags can handle it, they are tough, it's only a bag. I'd be very upset if I spent all that $$$ on a bag and it can't handle being on the floor or a little rain. I wore my Bosphore Belt Bag to a rally, it rained like crazy and the bag & vachetta was fine. For years SAs have told me not to treat the vachetta or the bags with anything, which makes sense, why would you after paying all that $$$. My bags are still beautiful.

Years ago when I was heavy into LV bags, I babied them like crazy. But most of the ones with lots of vachetta I ended up selling and only kept a few

Now I'm so over babying bags. I prefer shoulder bags whenever possible so I don't have to worry about getting the handles dirty and such. I'm wanting the Artsy and the Damier Speedy 35. Both seem to be worry free

I've seen some beautiful bags that have gorgeous vachette all over...but all I can think of it what they will look like when they are old. Or how much mainentance it will require.