White - thoughts?

anez

B-& until the sales!
O.G.
Dec 9, 2007
Okay guys, some of you probably know that I've been lusting after a white Kelly for a while now, but I think I am beginning to change my mind. I love my Birkin so much and find it so versatile that I am afraid a Kelly will not get as much use, so I am wondering if it would be better to look for a while Birkin instead.

There's also the question of whether I should start hunting now, with a trip to Paris soon, or wait until later to get it-- I am not sure I really "need" this bag right now (yes, I am one of those people who needs to justify her purchases to herself), however, I am aware if I wait I will end up paying a lot more for it, and I'm pretty sure I am going to get at least one of these bags at some point in the next few years.

Finally, there is the issue of white leathers in general. For those of you that have a white H bag, what are your experiences with it? How difficult is it to keep clean, really? How often have had to have the bag spa'd? Do you have to keep the handles wrapped most of the time? These are the questions which are chasing each other around in my mind, but if you have other insights, please feel free to share them.

Does anyone have any related experiences on this issue, or thoughts, or comments, or words of advice? I'm really in a quandary over what to do.
:confused1:

Thanks, Ms Piggy, I have reread it and I feel more confused now than ever, lol. I do not want a rigide Kelly, but a lot of people seem to be saying that Clemence is also easy to keep clean so I could still get my retourne if I wanted...

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Kelly-vs-Birkin issue?

White kelly vs. white birkin...I would get the white birkin. I think a little more versatility on an already season limited bag would be good. What size are you thinking? 30 or 35? I think both are really gorgeous. A white birkin is LAST on my list of things to get, but DEFINITELY on the list. I was very tempted by an ostrich kelly a few months ago when the summer started, but I'm glad I passed. I'm simply not ready for a white bag yet, regardless of cost. It's the one bag that I really would not be able to use year round. I LOVE white birkins with gold, but only in Epsom. Clemence turns yellow. Epsom really stays the cleanest. There is no comparison. I also think Epsom makes the white brighter, like a crisp white shirt. Clemence to me always looked a little dull. Again, it's all so subjective and personal..all this is just MHO.

Hi,

White is a no-no colour for me. I am an engineer hence the colour white,as you know, could never stay "white" long enough.

My best scenario....after 2 weeks, it turns slightly grey.....after 4 weeks....more grey than 2 weeks ago....after 3 months...etoupe! How's that for colour transformation??

:biggrin: just a joke...

I agree White Epsom is the way to go so it should stay nice and white the longest and be quite good in weather as well :o) If you love a Kelly then go for it..if you are more of non dressy gal then go for the Birkin :o)

I think that's the thing, Docride, I do not "go out" very often, so I feel I would get more use out of the Birkin. I find my black one just goes with everything, and I think a white one would be pretty spiffy...

Mlgnlg... I am also thinking about the light greys? But I would have to see it IRL to make a decision.

HermesMonkey -- I appreciate your input, thank you! Looks like Epsom is the right call, all right... Now I just have to see if I can find one...