White sneakers quality issue

K21

O.G.
Jul 16, 2008
Hi Gucci lovers!

I bought a pair of white sneakers with bumble bee embroidery few months back.
And I started seeing the red and green color from the back (the shinny leather at back of shoes) are coming off!
It started staining on the rubber and now on my pants even! (a month since the purchase this happened)

So I went up to the shop I bought, and the answer I got from them is that I wore them in water!
Who will wear white sneakers in rain? Comeon!!

So disappointed with what happened... I love the shoes but part of me doesnt feel too happy no more about Gucci.

Anyone with similar issue?

Oh no!!! So sorry to hear what happened. That is terrible. I have the embroidery flowers but haven't wore them more than a couple times. Will Gucci repair them for you? I have no idea what their after care service is like. I would talk with the manager since you bought the shoe not that long ago. Good luck and post back your results.

Reactions: K21
Well, their customer service team called from the States with POOR POOR english....and told me that its only natural it happened.
and I was calm at first...then they started talking...even our leather professionals say that its the ink's problem...the coloring is easy to get off..so you need to be careful of the water! Do not wear them in the rain.... so I said..Miss..I just told you over and over again that I have not worn this shoes in the rain! and so on! At the end I said- I am wondering if you guys sold me a fake pair of Gucci because this quality is just dos disappointing and so as customer care!
And you know what shocking response I got? " I am sorry, but it is how it is." WHAT?!!!

Reactions: LVLux
Well, their customer service team called from the States with POOR POOR english....and told me that its only natural it happened.
and I was calm at first...then they started talking...even our leather professionals say that its the ink's problem...the coloring is easy to get off..so you need to be careful of the water! Do not wear them in the rain.... so I said..Miss..I just told you over and over again that I have not worn this shoes in the rain! and so on! At the end I said- I am wondering if you guys sold me a fake pair of Gucci because this quality is just dos disappointing and so as customer care!
And you know what shocking response I got? " I am sorry, but it is how it is." WHAT?!!!

1. Check out in if your country has a consumer law that says all products 'have to be fit for purpose'

2. Check the back of your receipt (or wherever it states the terms of the guarantee) and see if the way the shoes have gone contravene their own terms and conditions

Reactions: Wittygirl and K21
That's shocking! I've never bought Gucci sneakers before but was eyeing the floral ones. I would write an email to their head office team and raise something with your country's consumer body...they need to know quality issues are unacceptable

Reactions: Gemrivbal
That's shocking! I've never bought Gucci sneakers before but was eyeing the floral ones. I would write an email to their head office team and raise something with your country's consumer body...they need to know quality issues are unacceptable
I actually spoke to their USA head office. But they treated me as if i was mad. And the lady had such broken english that I almost went crazy too!
Have not made any purchases with Gucci after that since..but who know....right?
Hope your purchases goes well!!

Reactions: revitalise
I actually spoke to their USA head office. But they treated me as if i was mad. And the lady had such broken english that I almost went crazy too!
Have not made any purchases with Gucci after that since..but who know....right?
Hope your purchases goes well!!
That's crazy given how much you spent! I hope you get this resolved soon

Well, I'll avoid those trainers then - if they can't sustain any sort of wetness then they definitely won't last here in Scotland lol.

I have a pair of Gucci trainers (classic print, navy blue) and they have held up brilliantly as well, I wonder why the quality on yours isn't so good :sad:. If you want another pair, definitely go for the Brooklyn GG Supreme!

Reactions: K21
Well, I'll avoid those trainers then - if they can't sustain any sort of wetness then they definitely won't last here in Scotland lol.

I have a pair of Gucci trainers (classic print, navy blue) and they have held up brilliantly as well, I wonder why the quality on yours isn't so good :sad:. If you want another pair, definitely go for the Brooklyn GG Supreme!

Thank you for the suggestion.
All they told me is that the color red is suppose to be like that as the ink is stronger than other colors....which I still dont buy...

Scotland? Wow! Never been there, but I bet its awesome place!

Hi Gucci lovers!

I bought a pair of white sneakers with bumble bee embroidery few months back.
And I started seeing the red and green color from the back (the shinny leather at back of shoes) are coming off!
It started staining on the rubber and now on my pants even! (a month since the purchase this happened)

So I went up to the shop I bought, and the answer I got from them is that I wore them in water!
Who will wear white sneakers in rain? Comeon!!

So disappointed with what happened... I love the shoes but part of me doesnt feel too happy no more about Gucci.

Anyone with similar issue?
Hi.... I have the heart Gucci Ace sneakers as a bday pressie from my hubby about 2 weeks ago in Singapore ( Gucci Paragon to be exact) and i also have terrible issues with the type of what they claim as "leather" .. Yeah... I loved the shoes so much, but After wearing for 4-5 times.. I wanted to clean the under flap of the shoe lace and i was disgusted to see that the white coating is coming off from both sides left and right shoes!!!! I right away called my SA, the one who helped me reserved the last pair of my size and heart design...And sent her photos upon her request and even she was so surprised to see what happened with his exact text message--- " ahhhh that is a very unique case" and she called me to ask me to brin my pair to their store.... And she assured me of help.... And upon gg to the store after 2 days... I was so disappointed to know they will just take photo ( again!) of the pair and send to GUCCI italy for advice!!! They asked me to fill up an After Sales Service form..And whats worse is fhey told me email response would take about 1 month from Italy!! SERIOUSLY??!! Email reply will take that long??!! Im dont expect just that kind of assistance from a lux brand like GUCCI... And we just bought the shoes for only 2 weeks!!! And after the picture taking of my shoes... They asked me to carry it back home?!!!! Really disappointing!!!! @GucciSingapore

Hi.... I have the heart Gucci Ace sneakers as a bday pressie from my hubby about 2 weeks ago in Singapore ( Gucci Paragon to be exact) and i also have terrible issues with the type of what they claim as "leather" .. Yeah... I loved the shoes so much, but After wearing for 4-5 times.. I wanted to clean the under flap of the shoe lace and i was disgusted to see that the white coating is coming off from both sides left and right shoes!!!! I right away called my SA, the one who helped me reserved the last pair of my size and heart design...And sent her photos upon her request and even she was so surprised to see what happened with his exact text message--- " ahhhh that is a very unique case" and she called me to ask me to brin my pair to their store.... And she assured me of help.... And upon gg to the store after 2 days... I was so disappointed to know they will just take photo ( again!) of the pair and send to GUCCI italy for advice!!! They asked me to fill up an After Sales Service form..And whats worse is fhey told me email response would take about 1 month from Italy!! SERIOUSLY??!! Email reply will take that long??!! Im dont expect just that kind of assistance from a lux brand like GUCCI... And we just bought the shoes for only 2 weeks!!! And after the picture taking of my shoes... They asked me to carry it back home?!!!! Really disappointing!!!! @GucciSingapore
Oh WOW!!
Should I say I am glad someone really understand how I felt....or should I say...
I dont even know what to say! I am so sorry that you had to encounter such incident like mine!
(my incident was from Hong Kong IFC)
I dont remember their service and quality being this bad before...I hope it doesnt get any worse...
Do let me know when they reach you back!! Please share!!!