White scratches on LV tote...

ats7377

Dec 30, 2016
I have the large LV Neverfull tote. I absolutely love it and have carried it almost nonstop for 2-3 years. I have noticed a couple of thin white scrapes on the side... does anyone know how to remove those? I have heard of using a Mr. Clean magic eraser, but those are kind of abrasive... TIA! I apologize in advance if this thread is elsewhere and I hope someone can link me to it!

I have the large LV Neverfull tote. I absolutely love it and have carried it almost nonstop for 2-3 years. I have noticed a couple of thin white scrapes on the side... does anyone know how to remove those? I have heard of using a Mr. Clean magic eraser, but those are kind of abrasive... TIA! I apologize in advance if this thread is elsewhere and I hope someone can link me to it!

Dip a q-tip in household rubbing alcohol, and barely rub it across the white mark. You won't need much pressure at all, and they should come right off. They're usually from rubbing against painted door frames, etc.

I remove white scratches on canvas by simply gently rubbing the green side of a wet sponge against the canvas. It sounds scary but it works great. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: j19 and ats7377
Dip a q-tip in household rubbing alcohol, and barely rub it across the white mark. You won't need much pressure at all, and they should come right off. They're usually from rubbing against painted door frames, etc.
You have literally made my year. I got a big white scrape on my mono speedy 35 about 2 years ago and have been embarrassed to use it since and it is my ultimate favorite bag. I followed your advice and it worked perfectly! Thank you so much. You have no idea how happy you've made me!

You have literally made my year. I got a big white scrape on my mono speedy 35 about 2 years ago and have been embarrassed to use it since and it is my ultimate favorite bag. I followed your advice and it worked perfectly! Thank you so much. You have no idea how happy you've made me!

Yay! So happy to have helped!!