White Sale Mademoiselle?

chocoganache

Dec 8, 2010
My SA found a white Just Mademoiselle for me that is on sale! Should I get it? I'm a little concerned about the leather yellowing and also keeping it clean. White sounds so delicate and hard to maintain. Do you think it's worth the sale price? Please tell me your opinion.

The white JM is beautiful and very elegant but may be prone to dirt and color transfer. Is it the lamb with reissue chsin or aged calfskin with interlaced chain? Lamb would be more delicate. The aged calfskin looks like its coated do may hold up better. I personally would ho with a darker color unless the bag was a steal ...... lol

I think the JM in white is gorgeous and a great sale find! However, it is also a high maintenance bag and you will need to be careful with it to avoid dirt and color transfer. For a great price, I think it would be worth it. You should also look into pre-treating the bag with a protectant to help with the dirt and color transfer issues.

My SA found a white Just Mademoiselle for me that is on sale! Should I get it? I'm a little concerned about the leather yellowing and also keeping it clean. White sounds so delicate and hard to maintain. Do you think it's worth the sale price? Please tell me your opinion.

If u end up passing on it....pls pm me ur sa info. This is actually my HG bag and I wish I could locate one to complete my collection!!!

The white JM is beautiful and very elegant but may be prone to dirt and color transfer. Is it the lamb with reissue chsin or aged calfskin with interlaced chain? Lamb would be more delicate. The aged calfskin looks like its coated do may hold up better. I personally would ho with a darker color unless the bag was a steal ...... lol

I think it is lamb since my SA said it is all metal chain. I would love a darker color too but she only has this white one that was returned. I think it should be a good price, she said around $2000 but normally $2700. I wouldn't pay full price for white but the sale price is very tempting!

I think the JM in white is gorgeous and a great sale find! However, it is also a high maintenance bag and you will need to be careful with it to avoid dirt and color transfer. For a great price, I think it would be worth it. You should also look into pre-treating the bag with a protectant to help with the dirt and color transfer issues.

I agree it's gorgeous, that's why I'm so torn. Wonderful find that's do hard to come by but I'm worried it may get ruined quickly. I have a white patent bag that is yellowing after a few years and a little white cross body bag that picks up color from my tops & jeans, it's a dirt magnet but I'm already very careful with it. Do you have any pretreating recommendations? I searched on the forum and saw many different brands discussed but the Meltonian conditioner saved some bags and LMB has a lot of products. Very confusing.

Even if it is high maintenance....I would totally get it since you love it! Pre-treat and be careful with what you wear!!!! Go for it!

I think it is lamb since my SA said it is all metal chain. I would love a darker color too but she only has this white one that was returned. I think it should be a good price, she said around $2000 but normally $2700. I wouldn't pay full price for white but the sale price is very tempting!

Congrats on such a great find! It is a good price for a brand new bag and a reason to get a color you normally wouldn't. I personally like the reissue chain on the JM more than the leather interlaced one, maybe because that was the original design of the JM or that it just goes better with the style. Some PFers have said that the leather interlaced chain squeaks a little when they use it but it should go away with time. Lamb is luxurious and really beautiful, go for it!