White medium flap vs white mini coco handle

BrandSnob

May 2, 2014
Which would you choose?

there is an iridescent white mini coco handle coming out soon. I was thinking of getting it (to wear next summer lmao) because I need a small white bag and figured that with the top handle it’s less likely to get color transfer from being worn on my side (I have other coco handles and prefer wearing them in the arm crook).

however, I’ve also always wanted a white flap, but always been scared of yellowing or color transfer. A flap will be more classic. I’m pretty sure in 5-10 years the coco handle will be gone but flaps are forever, and I don’t really wear discontinued bags. But the mini could be fun for now and then I sell it in a few years. Idk. I’m really scared of spending so much money on a white flap that may get discolored but I really only wear Chanel and Hermes and a white bag is so classic for summer. The only other option is an LV grenelle pouchette made of Epi leather so probably more resilient than all these options, I just don’t know how timeless it is and haven’t bought LV in years.

what would you do? Can’t buy both because I want to add a birkin and a trendy to my collection by this time next year as well so something’s gotta give!

Reactions: Sarah91755
Do you mainly shoulder carry your bags? If you don’t use handles, you might as well opt for the medium flap since it won’t have the stiff handle rubbing against you constantly.

Do you mainly shoulder carry your bags? If you don’t use handles, you might as well opt for the medium flap since it won’t have the stiff handle rubbing against you constantly.

i wear both flaps and top handles and like them both. I usually wear top handles by the handle In the crook of my arm, I like that look and the shoulder bag look

Reactions: OCMomof3
i wear both flaps and top handles and like them both. I usually wear top handles by the handle In the crook of my arm, I like that look and the shoulder bag look

Then I vote for the mini coco handle! Can’t fault having multiple ways to carry and the iridescent finish might end up being more durable than a white which might yellow over time. Based purely on looks I prefer the mini coco handle on you!

Reactions: LJChicago
I say go for the white med flap! I currently own the 19B white medium with LGHW and I'm going to be purchasing a 12 series white caviar with SHW later today.. I've done a lot of research on white chanel flaps, and I haven't seen one yellowed white caviar. I've seen very dirty, but not yellowed. And as long as you take care of it, I don't think you need to worry about it yellowing. Also I spray my whites with Colonil Carbon pro. I haven't used them since I've sprayed (Havent been out due to covid) so I don't have experience with how much it helps, but I have heard and read great things about it. I have seen a yellowed white patent leather flap, but thats obviously different. Regarding the top handle, I know it's not the same- but you could shorten the strap temporarily while you use the bag... Also, the med flap is just classic!!!