WHITE guccissima leather........GOOD OR NO??

teemmmbee

O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
K, so I have this opportunity to get the large princy hobo in the white guccissima leather but I am sooo nervous about a white bag. So those that own one, can you please chime in here..............is it HIGH MAINTENANCE?? Have you had color transfer issues with it??

Please let me know ASAP, so I can get this bag before it's gone!

I purchased a medium white guccissima Punch shoulder bag in June and used it quite frequently in the summer time and it still looks brand new without any marks/stains/wears/tears. I have not experience any color transfer issues at all. I also have a large black guccissima Princy hobo and it also looks perfect after so many uses. I love Guccissima leather and would recommend it personally.

hi spacytracy,
I've got a medium chain horsebit (I believe I have it 2 years now) and it's still in pretty good condition. not many problems with wrinkles or dirt. the only thing is that part of the chain (the leather) turned a bit yellow. I asked the SA and she said that is because the aging of the leather (+ I could bring it in any time if it bothers me a lot). (see pic)

But I know beljw had a bad experience with her white guccissima, it got dirty after a few times...

btw I haven't treated it with anything and I (had to) walked in the rain etc.

attachment.php

white really scares the heck out of me..........I think I'm gonna pass on it. I mean I have 2 little kids and I'm always wearing dark jeans and I'd hate to ruin such a pretty bag.

Hi leslie_x! I'm also planning to get the pelham medium in white guccisima leather...but now i'm having second thoughts!:confused1::confused1: will they clean it? do you have to pay for their service? What happened to beljw's bag? Was she able to have it cleaned?

Hi leslie_x! I'm also planning to get the pelham medium in white guccisima leather...but now i'm having second thoughts!:confused1::confused1: will they clean it? do you have to pay for their service? What happened to beljw's bag? Was she able to have it cleaned?
Hi reinne,
My SA said they can replace the piece of leather of my chain. I haven't asked if I have to pay for the 'repair/cleaning' since it was just out of curiosity I asked this question.

here's what Beljwl replied:

Beljwl
Yes, I bought a white Guccissima Boston a while ago (see below) and after only a few times it started to look really dirty. The best way to describe it was like a tennis shoe. Nice and smooth and clean but after a while it gets wrinkled and the dirt gets in the wrinkles and no mater what you do it still looks dirty. I was very upset about it since I really loved the bag.I ended up exchanging it for this bag (pic: signoria hobo).

maybe you could pm Desirusso - she's got a white guccissima pelham: http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci-reference-library/pics-only-show-us-your-gucci-hobos-56796-3.html

Hi reinne,
My SA said they can replace the piece of leather of my chain. I haven't asked if I have to pay for the 'repair/cleaning' since it was just out of curiosity I asked this question.

here's what Beljwl replied:

maybe you could pm Desirusso - she's got a white guccissima pelham: http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci-reference-library/pics-only-show-us-your-gucci-hobos-56796-3.html

Thanx leslie_x! I'm kinda new here:shame: does pm mean private message? if yes, how do i do that?:smile:

if you look at her reply in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci-reference-library/pics-only-show-us-your-gucci-hobos-56796-3.html -> scroll down till you find her reply with the pic of her pelham; you can click on her name at the left side and then choose 'send private message to ...' :okay:

sorry to bother you again but i tried clicking on her name but the only options that come out are view public profile, find more posts and add to your buddy list. i tried clicking on the picture too but i got her profile page:sad:

sorry to bother you again but i tried clicking on her name but the only options that come out are view public profile, find more posts and add to your buddy list. i tried clicking on the picture too but i got her profile page:sad:

no problem ;)! I think you have to enable private messaging in your profile.
just choose my control panel (at the head of the page at the left) -> edit options
then scroll to Private Messaging -> you can enable or disable the following in red:

Private Messaging
This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
Enable Private Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and those on your buddy list. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

Hi again leslie_x...i did what you suggested. i went to my control panel, clicked edit options but i didn't find private messaging. i even tried clicking the edit profile and even the signature! I only found enabling members to send email msgs but not PMs

Hi again leslie_x...i did what you suggested. i went to my control panel, clicked edit options but i didn't find private messaging. i even tried clicking the edit profile and even the signature! I only found enabling members to send email msgs but not PMs
strange :shrugs:?

If I click at "edit options" I have in several blocks:
Login & Privacy
Messaging & Notification
Thread Display Options
Date & Time Options
Miscellaneous Options

and in messaging & notification i have:

Messaging & Notification
Receive Email
From time to time, the administrators may want to send you email notices.

If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option.
Receive Email from Administrators

You can allow other members to send you email messages.
Receive Email from Other Members
Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:
Private Messaging
This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
Enable Private Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and those on your buddy list. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

yeah...mine ends with default thread subscription mode :sad: i don't know whats wrong but i've checked many times already and they show the same thing. What should i do now? Can i make a new thread just for her? hehehe can i do that?