White Gucci Dialux Shoulder Bag

baglady2603

it's an addiction
Feb 17, 2008
Thoughts??? Does anyone have this bag in white and if so how durable is it and do you find that the white leather handles stain to easily? Thanks so much for the feedback!

162740_FHQFG_9060_360_360img12.jpg

I bought a white Dialux handbag that has discoloured after only ten days. The retailer has refused to refund this purchase despite the fact that I have a letter from Gucci saying that Dialux

‘has a tendency to take on colour from other materials which it comes in contact with’. ‘This is an INEVITABLE characteristic of the material.

Does anyone have a similar experience?
Dialux is not leather but a cotton/plastic synthetic product.

I've heard two stories now of the white dialux bags having the black from the lining seep through to be noticable from the outside of the bag.

Black dialux is fine though... since the fabric underneath is already black. But as for the white, some people have major problems with the black lining coming through, and them some others never have problems. So it's kind of a tricky decision whether or not to get one. I think they look really neat, but my advice is just to not fill them so that corners of things (wallets etc) rub against the bag really tightly or the lining will probably come through onto the white fabric.

With the bostons, anyway, that should help prevent because bostons are structured. Shoulder bags are impossible to do this with because there is no depth to the bag... what you put in it HAS to rub against the sides. So I would stay away from the white dialux shoulder bags, wouldn't risk it. Especially if they might not give you a refund!

I have this bag and used it most of the summer - I love this bag - it's my favorite summer white bag. I don't have any stains on it. I don't baby it too much and it looks great. I bought it at the June sale from the Gucci website.

^Good to know some don't have problems that even use it often! Maybe just a select few have the problem? Maybe some have extra-dyed lining or something like that. Maybe I will stop being so afraid to use my white dialux bag now... maybe haha. I've never even used it!

Dialux is noted for it's durability and is less likely to scratch or tear like leather and the process is a more complex, hence the prices are not what I felt they should be for plastic-coated canvas/fabric. Nothwithstanding, white or light colors may stain easy with dark, colorfast fabrics and denims due to the dye. Although I was hesitant to even consider purchasing a dialux bag, I brought the black Gucci Pop a few months bag at Neimans for $1390 less than original price. I have an ivory suede Gucci that I purchased from Neimans several years ago but returned it to Gucci because it was discolored. Perhaps Gucci can address the problem or provide you with a comparable product.

I've heard two stories now of the white dialux bags having the black from the lining seep through to be noticable from the outside of the bag.

Black dialux is fine though... since the fabric underneath is already black. But as for the white, some people have major problems with the black lining coming through, and them some others never have problems. So it's kind of a tricky decision whether or not to get one. I think they look really neat, but my advice is just to not fill them so that corners of things (wallets etc) rub against the bag really tightly or the lining will probably come through onto the white fabric.

With the bostons, anyway, that should help prevent because bostons are structured. Shoulder bags are impossible to do this with because there is no depth to the bag... what you put in it HAS to rub against the sides. So I would stay away from the white dialux shoulder bags, wouldn't risk it. Especially if they might not give you a refund!

Yes this happened to me. The outside had long black streaks and I wore it only a couple times with light colored clothes. I was almost sure it was the black lining coming throught the white bag. I sent the bag back in July for them to determine if it could be fixed or returned and never heard from the store in Florida and then finally I called a few weeks ago and they called back and said they credited my card the full amount that day.
I loved the bag I hate this has happened. I have a pink joy with black lining I am scared to use because I am scared the lining will leak on the white on the outside.