White Girly Dresses

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. What do you think of this look?

I really love it.

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2006/07/14/fashion/16street.ready.html

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [SIZE=-2]Bill Cunningham/The New York Times[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=-1]Young women are seen about town in dresses that resemble those of little girls. The dresses have the airiness of a butterfly, often in eyelet embroideries or diaphanous fabrics that have been re-embroidered. Most of the dresses are white. One of the most beautiful, top right, is from Chloé in Paris, recalling the 1960’s signature baby-doll dresses that were worn by everyone, including grandmothers. The lovely butterfly wafting over the Sheep Meadow in Central Park is by the master kitemaker and flier, Frank Rodriguez, a fixture on the lawn for decades. [/SIZE][​IMG]

2. i love white! those dresses looks very comfy!

3. Love them! Heres my white girly dress :heart:3

[​IMG]

4. Love them.. they add a touch of innocence :angel: to the look.

5. I love them! Its a combo of two of my favorite things: white and dresses = )

6. Love! except the top right... but otherwise. :smile:

7. If it's the right dress, LOVE it!

8. I think they're really cute. :biggrin:
    I don't really like the white dress with the black leggings, personally though.

9. You look fabulous! :heart:

I love the dress. Who is it by?

10. Thank you sonya! Its from Ann Taylor :heart:3 That one and one other dress are like the only girly dresses I own, I really like them.

11. love it! magda berliner dress.jpg

zac posen.jpg

12. it can be a great look, but I too hate it when you have a really pretty white dress & then you go & put thick black tights on with it!! ok! I get it! its being ironic! its 'updating the look' but it looks awful! so stop it!

I've been hankering after the Miu white summer shift since christmas.......

13. I have LOTS, I love wearing white dresses. Empire line down to just above the knee and slightly shorter with a less restrictive skirt (a bit like the Chloe one in the top pic)

I love them especially to go to the beach and strolling in the park or for picnics (I think it goes really well with the green grass). Except every time I wear one someone always push me to the ground to make me get a grassy bum, LOL!

14. Love the look and always have.

15. lmao bee! :biggrin:

yeah, I know that problem! its like ,as soon as I'm in white I become a grass/stickyfingers/orange juice/ice cream/chocolate/tomato sauce/blackcurrant/mud magnet! and that is not a good look :biggrin:

in this months Vogue (UK) they have an article about a stylist & shes wearing the Chloe tunic over jeans! how tall must she be? Its not much more than a tshirt on her! looks fabulous though...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice