White Dustbag

lenchen

Jul 30, 2011
I have a question to the knowledgable Chanel community! [emoji1316]
I’m in the market for a pre-loved 13-series Small Chanel flap which was bought in June 2010. Story and bag appears legit, however what confuses me is that it comes with the white „new“ dustbag.
I bought a Jumbo in March 2011 and received the black dustbag. When did Chanel start to hand out the white ones? From my research June 2010 seems a bit too early...
Thanks for your input [emoji253]

Is it white with the cross in the front and coco Chanel on the inside? Like what they give out to flap bags now or is it plain white with black Chanel letters?

Exactly! The new dust bag with Coco‘s sketch
Oh that’s strange. Maybe they lost the original dust bag and just got a replacement. My flap bag that I bought preloved also similar series came with a black dust bag that was too big for it found out later it’s the same size as my gst dustbag. I would ask :smile:

Reactions: lenchen
If the bag is authentic that is the only thing that’s important. People lose dustbags, authenticity cards, receipts, boxes, store bags! Lol
A dust bag that is younger than the actual bag doesn’t make the bag fake, or a fake bag being supplied with a genuine dust bag doesn’t make it genuine (if that makes sense), if you’re unsure, get it authenticated :heart:

Reactions: lenchen
Thanks ladies! Really appreciate your input [emoji847]
I already posted pics in the „authenticate this“ thread and am keeping my fingers crossed
Fingers crossed for you, please do a reveal if you purchase. I think getting the new version white dust bag with a vintage bag would be the best of both worlds!

I have a question to the knowledgable Chanel community! [emoji1316]
I’m in the market for a pre-loved 13-series Small Chanel flap which was bought in June 2010. Story and bag appears legit, however what confuses me is that it comes with the white „new“ dustbag. I bought a Jumbo in March 2011 and received the black dustbag. When did Chanel start to hand out the white ones? From my research June 2010 seems a bit too early...
Thanks for your input [emoji253]
White dust bag without a drawstring and looks fleece ish is vintage.

Hi everyone, I purchased a second hand classic flap it didn’t come with the white dustbags that normally come with classic flaps purchased from boutiques.

My question is, is it possible that I purchase the white dustbag directly from chanel boutique, or would the SAs be kind enough to give it for free if I purchase an accessory from them?

Not having the white dustbag is kind of freaking me out :sad:

If you know and have a relationship with an SA, it’s possible you can get one. I had an SA at Hermes give a dustbag to my son. Can’t hurt to ask. I’ve also seen them for sale on secondhand sites.

I wanted to add that I wouldn’t tell them you need a dustbag for a flap you bought preloved. Tell them you don’t know where it is, which is true.

Last edited:
Hi all,

can’t seem to find on how to post but found this thread.
I bought a classic mini flap 21s but didn’t come with a white dust bag instead the black one. Is there a difference? Can someone share their knowledge on the dust bags

appreciate it!

Hi all,

can’t seem to find on how to post but found this thread.
I bought a classic mini flap 21s but didn’t come with a white dust bag instead the black one. Is there a difference? Can someone share their knowledge on the dust bags

appreciate it!
Only the classic flaps (e.g. small, medium jumbo) and the reissues come with the white dust bags! Chanel doesn’t consider mini flap bags as classics, which is why they come with the black dust bags.

Hello @creamcamellias :smile:
I would like to buy a preloved mini rectangular from 2019.
The dustbag that comes with it is white.
I thought that the minis are always sold with the black dustbags? Or was this just recently introduced?
do you know that?

Only the classic flaps (e.g. small, medium jumbo) and the reissues come with the white dust bags! Chanel doesn’t consider mini flap bags as classics, which is why they come with the black dust bags.

Hello @creamcamellias :smile:
I would like to buy a preloved mini rectangular from 2019.
The dustbag that comes with it is white.
I thought that the minis are always sold with the black dustbags? Or was this just recently introduced?
do you know that?

The minis come with a black dust bag. Maybe they don’t have the original one and are providing a different one instead.