White "cracks" in caviar leather

emilymg

Jun 29, 2013
Hi everyone. I just bought my first Chanel bag today. It is absolutely beautiful, except that there are white "cracks" in the caviar leather (not sure how else to describe it). I'm attaching a picture below to show you.

So far all I have tried is wiping it with water - the white marks fade while the leather is wet, but then reappear once the water dries. I'm not sure what to do. It is only located near the lock, the rest of the leather is fine.

Sorry if this is a stupid question or anything, I'm new to Chanel and tried to search the forum for this problem but didn't see anything. :shame: Thank you.

Attachments

• chanel.jpg
    chanel.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 943
i can see the faint cracks you are talking about but i am also unsure what can be done to fix it. Have you take it back to the Chanel boutique for inspection?

Sorry, I guess they are not "cracks" but the grain of the leather is white. I have not taken it to a Chanel boutique as I am over two hours away from one. I will look into the Cadillac conditioner though!

Hmmmm...I've heard other ladies say their classic in caviar got this as well. They said it was possibly mold due to humid climate. Was this purchased brand new? If so, I would return.

I don't think they're cracks, I think it's from the glaze or leather "finish" - I'd return it or condition it.
Have you tried rubbing it out a little w/ a damp soft tissue?

As it is just purchased, I would ring the store and ask them, and then perhaps take it back? Maybe even email them the photos seeing they are 2 hours away from you? I don't think I would condition it or touch it seeing it is new purchase myself until I had spoken to them.

But if you have purchased pre-loved, then I guess you can try the conditioning treatment?

I can see the white cracks and I would return the bag. It looks like a dye or glazing issue and the color hasn't taken at those points. Give the store a call and tell them what the issues are and send an email with pics to your SA, before u take it in to exchange or refund

It was a medium flap with Navy caviar leather and silver hardware. They don't have another one. The closest store to me is the Portland store, over 2 hours away. Next closest is in Seattle, over 5 hours away. :P

I am looking for Navy/black caviar medium classic flap or reissue 226 (in navy/black caviar also) with silver hardware. It would be amazing if anyone could help me out =) Thanks!

It was a medium flap with Navy caviar leather and silver hardware. They don't have another one. The closest store to me is the Portland store, over 2 hours away. Next closest is in Seattle, over 5 hours away. :P

I am looking for Navy/black caviar medium classic flap or reissue 226 (in navy/black caviar also) with silver hardware. It would be amazing if anyone could help me out =) Thanks!

I've asked me Saks SA and will let you know what she can find out. Maybe something is coming in cruise. I know a navy w GHW is coming because I am getting my hands on one of those, but it's lamb not caviar. I think she mentioned that she is some in the classic black caviar so I will keep you posted.