White Classic Flap

Should I purchase the small white CF?

• Yes

Votes: 39 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
So I was put on the list for the small CF white in caviar with champagne hw and it finally arrived!!! It is stunning! I want it and have been so excited about it but I’ve been not shopping recently and I have been reflecting about a lot of things during these difficult times, realizing I do not need so many bags! It almost makes me feel guilty having them or purchasing them when there is such turmoil in the world and so much sadness. Also, my husband thinks it is too similar to my beige Clair medium CF with yellow gold hw. If I buy this bag, it will have to be the last one I purchase for the rest of the year. My question is, is it different enough from the beige clair or is it too similar and unnecessary?

Attachments

• 554380F0-2CF6-44E5-BA1B-17928D256EE8.jpeg
    554380F0-2CF6-44E5-BA1B-17928D256EE8.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 77E59947-BF96-4D19-847F-C14CDCC60296.jpeg
    77E59947-BF96-4D19-847F-C14CDCC60296.jpeg
    757.6 KB · Views: 116
I understand how you feel conflicted as I’ve felt the same over my last purchase. I think they are certainly different enough to keep the white. What you have to consider is that if you let this go will you want it later down the line by which time it will be more expensive. I would say keep if you love it.

I used to own both the beige clair and white and got much more use out of the white which went with everything. I understand your feelings but would purchase nonetheless if it was the one I had been waiting and longing for. If you ever realize that you don’t use both enough to justify keeping them, you may always consider selling one (depending on how long you wait this may or may not come with a little loss). Don’t get deprived of your joy and excitement just because the times demand for some moderation.

I think they are different enough to have both. And you need more than one light colored dressy bag for summer. But given the covid situation, you may be able to hold off on this until next spring since depending on your country and if there is a second wave of the sickness, you may not get much use out of this bag until next summer

I have a beige claire, but I have two white caviars! (Different styles). I love white, and it pops in the summer. Beige claire, while beautiful as a neutral, does not come close to a chic white bag for summer.

I am waiting for a white Coco Handle!

I say a white bag is a must have. I would jump on it. And if you are into ballets, a white bag with the classic white with black cap to ballets goes with everything summer.

I have a beige claire, but I have two white caviars! (Different styles). I love white, and it pops in the summer. Beige claire, while beautiful as a neutral, does not come close to a chic white bag for summer.

I am waiting for a white Coco Handle!

I say a white bag is a must have. I would jump on it. And if you are into ballets, a white bag with the classic white with black cap to ballets goes with everything summer.
Omg great idea on the flats! I have so many but I do not have the white/black combo! A white coco handle was also in my thoughts. Any idea if it’s coming soon?

Reactions: BigAkoya
Omg great idea on the flats! I have so many but I do not have the white/black combo! A white coco handle was also in my thoughts. Any idea if it’s coming soon?
I heard that white coco handle with LGHW is coming in 20B or 20K. You can find some pictures in the threads.

White and beige clair are totally different. I have 19C off white and 19B white m/l flaps. They are my number 1 and number 2 favorite Chanel bags. People might think that the colors are too similar to have both. To me, they go with different outfits. I hate to wear my off white flap on crisp white clothes or my white flap on ivory clothes.

Last edited:
I heard that white coco handle with LGHW is coming in 20B or 20K. You can find some pictures in the threads.

White and beige clair are totally different. I have 19C off white and 19B white m/l flaps. They are my number 1 and number 2 favorite Chanel bags. People might think that the colors are too similar to have both. To me, they go with different outfits. I hate to wear my off white flap on crisp white clothes or my white flap on ivory clothes.

Me too! I also have an off-white/ivory caviar bag (and off-white ballets), and it does not look good against all white! Totally agree with you.

I can’t find the photos of the white Coco Handle that you referenced. Can you kindly please repost? I will get one for sure, small size.

Thank you!

Hi! I found it, for 20A. It’s iridescent white though, so I will pass. I’ve done iridescent before and it’s not for me. Bummer. But the lilac might be a good color. I love colored bags too.

Thanks again.

OP...
I thought I would post this for you as you said you like white. Here is the iridescent white that @prettyfox mentioned.

As FYI, I have iridescent white ballets, and it comes off as off-white, not a pure white. Hence I never wear my iridescent white ballets next to say, white skinny jeans.

Good luck in your decision.

Attachments

• 6E159B08-7728-489E-808D-460DB7123152.png
    6E159B08-7728-489E-808D-460DB7123152.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 32