White C Tag - to dye or not to dye?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've been holding on to my White C tag for the last ermm.. 10+ years. It's been an unwearable state for the at least the last 6!

I've toyed with dying it black so many times, I'm I am not crafty at all so would send it away, somewhere like the handbag clinic (no idea if this is any good; just seen it on google).

I'm so worried I'll pay (and I have no idea how much) to get her dyed and then she will be all stiff and I won't use her anyway. I haven't owned a Bal since the early days (with the exception of a dalliance with a Dark Night Velo which was as dry as sandpaper despite coating it in leather cream) as the newer ones don't float my boat. I have recently been thinking about getting a black City or a town but obviously preloved, and I am researching like crazy about leather years and this has brought me to go and drag my C out the wardrobe and decide whether I should take the plunge.

What do you think? Dye her?

Attached Files:

2. The leather will definitely be affected after dyeing. If you gonna send it to a professional, i don't think it will cost cheap. At least $350? You will not know if you like the result. If you like the result, that's good. If you don't, money down the drain. I would rather use that money to get a better condition one

3. you have nothing to lose, i'd dye it, just do your homework and read feedback and reviews to find to best option and give it a new life!

4. That's what I am thinking. It just seems such a shame, the leather is so dreamy but she's grim. I got her 5th hand, so she had a few owners before me.

5. I'm going to do some research and find out how much it will cost, if it's too much then I think I'll give it swerve or have a go myself and then at least I didn't waste the money getting it dyed.

peacebabe likes this.
  6. check the 'care and maintenance' subforum, lots of guidance on DIY dyeing and restoration ;)
    i dyed my Day by myself, and haven't regretted a second!
    but mine was not that drastic, just changed from one shade of red into another

7. Oh really! I've been so worried how it might end up, but i guess it can't be worse that it is. She's practically yellow at the moment! yuk! I'll have a read, thanks!

ksuromax likes this.
  8. absolutely, nothing to lose, it's already in beaten condition and you won't be enjoying using it in this condition, so, why not to give it a chance? she might serve you for a few more years, even if leather becomes a bit stiff, it will break in again after some time. Good luck! :flowers:

9. this is how i changed mine, it was pinkish red (i kept the tag untouched) and i made it orange-y warm red, which works better for my skin tone :smile:

Attached Files:

peacebabe likes this.
  10. Oh wow!! Good work, she looks lovely!

11. thank you! :smile:

Juicy likes this.
  12. @ksuromax if you have posted about your dyeing process can you link to it? Btw, What does "C tag" mean?

13. Balenciaga did alphabetical order symbols to note the collection/year, C tag stands for SS 2004
    when they completed the circle and letter C was used again, very recently, it was used for AW 2016
    No, i didn't post a thread, just before and after pics :smile:

14. Sorry, just curious, did you washed the bag? Looks kind of :sad: