White BV

krawford

O.G.
Feb 3, 2011
Just wondering if anyone has a white or shade of white BV bag and if you had major problems with it. When I saw the picture of Emmy Rossum's white veneta, it looked like the perfect summer bag. Also has anyone seen the color Antique irl?

Mar 28, 2009
white will get dirty
you can spray it with a protectorant but it will still get dirty
plus you have to worry about color transfer
I would go with marmo rather than pure white
marmo is an off white
if it is still around
you need to be careful with all BV light colored bags not just white

boxermom

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
I have one from a few years ago--Aurora, a warm off-white. I got it because I loved it and knowing it would show soil, especially the handle where my hand touches it. The corners get a bit soiled too, but I don't use it for a daily bag so it's ok.

azjavagirl

O.G.
Feb 25, 2008
I bought a white large deerskin Campana in good used condition this summer and I love it.

I bought it used for a good price exactly because of the concerns here--I didn't want to spend a small fortune on a white bag that I would be afraid to use because of getting it dirty. The bag is slightly scuffed on two edges and the handles show some wear, but otherwise it's in good shape. No yellowing that i can see.

I've been carrying it several times a week all summer and getting lots of compliments on it. I don't exactly baby it. Perhaps because it's so large (so much wonderful white leather!), it doesn't seem to show soil easily. I've been following the same directions for it as I received for our leather furniture: wipe it with a slightly damp cloth now and then to take off surface dust/dirt; our customer service person said that surface dirt is what can wear into the leather eventually and make it discolor and look "dirty." So far it's working and I love the bag.

annie9999

O.G.
Feb 22, 2007
I bought a white large deerskin Campana in good used condition this summer and I love it.

I bought it used for a good price exactly because of the concerns here--I didn't want to spend a small fortune on a white bag that I would be afraid to use because of getting it dirty. The bag is slightly scuffed on two edges and the handles show some wear, but otherwise it's in good shape. No yellowing that i can see.

I've been carrying it several times a week all summer and getting lots of compliments on it. I don't exactly baby it. Perhaps because it's so large (so much wonderful white leather!), it doesn't seem to show soil easily. I've been following the same directions for it as I received for our leather furniture: wipe it with a slightly damp cloth now and then to take off surface dust/dirt; our customer service person said that surface dirt is what can wear into the leather eventually and make it discolor and look "dirty." So far it's working and I love the bag.
that deerskin campana must be beautiful. the cleaning of the day to day dirt sounds like a good idea for any bag.

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
I have two light bags. One in Marmo - an eggshell (the Reef bag), and the other in Marmo, Aurora, and Colonial (the ostrich Club striped Montaigne). They get used very little. But I have learned from the Hermes forum, that wrapping the handles with twillies, is a great way to protect them. I never wear these bags with anything that could release dye (like jeans) because I am afraid of dye transfer.