white bags, when do we break them out?

MandM

Mar 20, 2006
So many great white bags floating around in your posts -- B-bags, LV's, Balengacia -- when do you all usually wear them? I used to wait until May, then put them away sometime in September...but it seems like some of the new styles are made for more seasons?

I judge by what I'm wearing. If I'm wearing a bunch of dark, heavier clothes, I don't think the white bag looks right. But if we have a bout of warm weather and I'm wearing lighter clothes, I'll use my white bags. Yesterday we had some nice weather so I wore my new HH Mercer satchel in chalk.

I live in LA, BTW, so we don't have as much "winter" as most parts of the country.

I definitely think white bags or white anything has hit the mainstream and is okay to wear any time of the year! I got a new white handbag not too long ago and have been using it lately. I usually wear it w/ jeans, white capris, jackets, etc. But not w/ sweats or tshirts. I love how it ties my whole outfit together and it also makes me feel more "springy summery."

I have a feeling white bags are here to stay for awhile.

Here in Dallas we wear white almost year 'round. The rule of thumb is/was after Easter through Labor Day. But in the South, anything goes!

^^ ITA, white bags can be year round... just as long as they are appropriate for the season... (ie. you wouldn't want to carry a white straw beach bag in the dead of winter, unless you lived in Hawaii! haha)

I haven't used my new summer bags yet (Balenciaga & Gucci), but I can't wait! I'll probably start wearing them when the weather gets a little warmer and I can wear lighter clothes.

I Think It's Become All Year Around. As For Myself, I Take Out My White For Memorial Day Weekend & Start Putting Away Right After Labor Day Weekend. I LOVE Whites & Creams. The Rest Of The Year, I Wear My Creams/Off-Whites. This Is With Clothes, Too (Excluding Tops).......Again This Is Just Me. I Love Seeing Others Sporting Their Beautiful White Bags ~ ANYTIME!!!!!