White Bag for Winter?

nymifashion

Oct 31, 2009
I have been eyeing this bag in black for over a year but could not justify the over $4,000 price tag for an everyday tote. I found a brand new white one for an amazing price so I bought it. This is also the first time I have seen a white one for sale since I started looking and I don't have a white Chanel so it was a no brainer. What's everyone's opinion on wearing a white bag in the winter? Usually I don't care about any so called fashion rules but I'm not sure how I feel about walking around NYC with a white tote in January. I think I'm just eager to carry it since I was super good this year and didn't buy any bags, well there was one tote but it was under $100 so it does not count.

Attachments

• pre4.jpg
    pre4.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 143
I just carried my off-white caviar jumbo yesterday. I was wearing a light pink jacket with a light pink Burberry check scarf and it looked great :smile: If you love it and want to carry it, why care about silly fashion rules? I see very fashionable people wear black and brown together nowadays anyway.

White christmas. I've been wearing my vintage white mini primarily coz it just arrived in the mail, due to uncontrollable excitement and it can easily be hidden under my coat in these rainy days.

I agree with the girls, in not allowing yourself to conform to society rules when your brain dictates otherwise. Wear it with confidence op and big congrats to u on this major sale score!

I actually do typically adhere to the 'no white' after Labor Day rule (I'm in the South) - however IMO, a white bag when paired correctly with a dark winter outfit isn't what people are referring to when they say 'white is for Spring/Summer.' Here in TX, you'll often see people pushing summer-styles well into October/November and that (to me) is where the 'put away the white' comes into play. No one really wants to see a gauzy shirt, white pants, sandals and a white bag the week before Thanksgiving.

As for a white bag in the winter - There isn't a whole lot that looks classier (and seasonally universal) than a black/dark ensemble and a white bag. Particularity through the Holidays!

White christmas. I've been wearing my vintage white mini primarily coz it just arrived in the mail, due to uncontrollable excitement and it can easily be hidden under my coat in these rainy days.

I agree with the girls, in not allowing yourself to conform to society rules when your brain dictates otherwise. Wear it with confidence op and big congrats to u on this major sale score!

:biggrin: So cute Bevy....

My new bag arrived yesterday and it's not as bright white as I was expecting, more of a winter white. Absolutely love it and have been wearing it in the snow. I already posted in the Jan purchases thread but here it is again

Attachments

• IMG00040-20110105-1134-2.jpg
    IMG00040-20110105-1134-2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 93