Whiskey Tasting Event - What to wear

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Good evening my lovely fashionistas! I need some advice.

My *uber hawt* boyfriend and I are going to a whiskey tasting event (Whiskies of the World) at the end of next month in San Francisco. I have *no* idea what to wear. He is planning on wearing a button up and dark denim, and will bring his sport coat just in case its a tad on the more dressy side. I am at a loss.

So far I've thrown these ideas out there... and of course he approves of all of them :P:

*BCBG bandage skirt and a blouse of some sort (read: excuse to shop)
    *LBD and hot shoes (read: excuse to shop)
    *Dark skinnies, a hot top and hot shoes (read:... excuse to shop)
    :graucho:

I've never been to anything like this.

A few minor details:
    Its being held at a hotel... (Hotel Nikko)... not a fancy place, but not a Super 8 either.
    Its a bit chilly in the evening in SF in March, but I suspect we (1) probably won't even leave the hotel or (2) I will have consumed enough alcohol where I don't feel the chill should I have to step outside.

So, my beautiful ladies... what's a girl to wear??? I don't know what colors... outfit... accessories... I'm lost. I have an endless amount to spend, as I've decided that looking hot for this is far more important than, say, paying my mortgage :P (jk)

2. i vote for the dark skinnies & hot top. something that doesnt look like you are over the top and trying too hard. something that looks hot and fun.

3. #3 Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    I'd try to straddle the line between casual and dressy. I wouldn't show too much skin or wear something that is tight all over. I like the idea of the bandage skirt. If you wear the bandage skirt on the bottom and would go for a loose silk top like this. http://www.yumikimshop.com/AMBER-TOP-GREEN-ABSTRACT-p/s1945-greenabstract.htm. Or this Geren Ford. http://www.shopbop.com/ruffle-top-geren-ford/vp/v=1/845524441860184.htm?folderID=2534374302033461&fm=browse-brand-shopbysize-viewall

When I dress up i like to go for dresses and skirts so wouldn't do the dark skinnies. I think LBD might be a little to proper for a whisky drinking event.
    You might have to be standing for a while so I would make sure your shoes are comfortable.

4. Ohh, I went to a Jonnie Walker tasting in Manhattan a couple of years ago and I recall people going lounge casual. Women were wearing:

dark washed jeans
    heels (although the floor was slippery)
    and trendy tops that were slightly covered, because the event was taped.

Please do not wear a dress, I almost made that mistake-it's not a dressy even.
    Ohh, eat before you go! Have fun!

5. You say whiskey...I think a leather jacket.

6. ^ And Bad boys with motorcycles :graucho:

7. ^^ I was seriously thinking I could go with the bandage skirt, loose silk top like lilac0485 suggested, and my Mike & Chris leather jacket...

8. When I think of whiskey I think of skinny jeans and sexy 'over the jeans' boots(or stilettos)!

9. ^^ Ohhh that's an option as well. And excuse to buy OTK heeled boots. The only OTK boots I have are suede flats.

10. whiskey, eh? FLATS!! :P

11. ^^ Hee, hee. I was thinking the same thing orinoco!

I like the OTK boot idea with skinnies.

12. i like the bandage skirt or the OTK boots idea.. but i have a weakness for OTK boots any excuse to wear them! LOL

13. ^^ I have a weakness for everything :P Would OTK boots + bandage skirt be a little too 'tenderloin district'? :lol:

14. ^^I don't know what "tenderloin district" is...but heeled OTK boots plus bandage skirt is too much. Flat OTK boots maybe.

15. ^^ haha sorry. Its an area in San Francisco known for the... ummm... ladies of the night :P