Whiskey Leigh

Crysti

Jul 24, 2006
I have a quick question, and I'm hoping someone can help me.

I listed my Whiskey Leigh on Ann's Fabulous Finds and was informed that it's been pulled because its authenticity is being called into question. I purchased my bag from a Coach store, but unfortunately I no longer have the receipt. It's a used bag, but in good enough shape that I sent it to Ann's for consignment. Anyway, someone wrote into Ann with the following:

"The Coach Leigh Whiskey handbag you have featured is not the Authentic Leigh bag on the Coach site. Check the Coach site for this bag and you'll see a specific 2nd line stitching that runs over the top of the front locking mechanism. I called Coach today asking about this different stitching and was advised that this bag without the double line stitching is a not an authorized Coach bag. You might want to check into it. Moreover, I've seen 41 of these Coach Leigh handbags on ebay listed at various prices and none of them have this specific double line stitching that Coach states is the only authorized model"

I could totally be wrong, but my bag has the serial number stamped on the inside leather "square" which I think guarantees its authenticity? Can someone enlighten me as to whether or not this person is legit in saying the 2nd line stitching that runs over the top of the front locking mechanism is a MUST or the bag is not real?? Thanks for any and all help.

Can you post pics of your bag? I only have the juniper and rose Leigh, and actually I can easily attach the pic of my rose Leigh since I just got it about a week ago. Does your whiskey bag look like this?

Attachments

• outlet 5_03_08.jpg
    outlet 5_03_08.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 114
First let me say that your Rose Leigh is beautiful!

Thanks for replying to me. I can post pix of my Leigh when I get home tonight, as I am currently at work. It looks exactly like your Rose, though. I'm so confused as to why someone would say it's not real....

Thank you so much! :flowers:

Someone just posted a pic of a whiskey Leigh, so you can also check that thread out! It might be that they could not see the upper stitching on your bag...you know how it doesn't contrast quite as much as the lower stitching does on the bag flap, and also sometimes on the lock flap..at least that's what I've seen with the pics of the whiskey bags. Maybe they couldn't tell in your photo??

Crysti~

Here is good close up shot of my Whiskey Leigh. I hope that this can help you.

picture.php

The reason why the stitching differs from the ones on the Coach website could be because your bag is an '07 style, while the ones on the website are the '08 styles. The '08 styles have slightly different stitching details. If you could post a picture of your bag and of the creed in the http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-214855.html thread, we can take a look at it for you. Some people don't realize that little details like stitching can vary slightly on the same style from season to season.

Thanks again to all for your advice! Kathy, my bag looks JUST like yours. I've attached a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 61
^^I'm sitting here staring at my Whiskey Leigh (bought at Coach) and yours looks exactly the same - it has the double row of stitching above the lock and it shows up clearly (a lot more clearly than the drilldown pic I might ad) -not sure that the person complaining was referring to at all. Definately post your pics in the authenticate thread and maybe send that link to AFF(they are certainly familiar with TPF as a lot of Bal people also consign with them).