While waiting to buy/recieve a bag....what do you do?

joyceluvsbags

Apr 1, 2010
Alright today after all these years, I realized that while waiting to buy or receive a bag, I will almost always either buy clothes, shoes or accessory parings to compliment my bag.

What do you all do?

Here is an example :cool: (true story):

I purchased a bag on a resale site -then went out and bought a matching nail polish, some tops and jackets to go with that bag and a pair of jeans <--- distressed cause that's kinda of the look this particular bag calls for (I think:P)
Also wanted to share that my LV Flower cuff caused me to buy this bag:lol:

Anyone else?

When I'm buying bags, I don't shop for anything else. When I'm not buying bags, I tend to buy makeup and clothes. I'm not very frivolous though. I shop for clothes or shoes maybe once or twice a year. As for makeup, I tend to spend about $50-100 every 1-3 months. :sad: I can't help it.

mrs.JC said:
When I'm buying bags, I don't shop for anything else. When I'm not buying bags, I tend to buy makeup and clothes. I'm not very frivolous though. I shop for clothes or shoes maybe once or twice a year. As for makeup, I tend to spend about $50-100 every 1-3 months. :sad: I can't help it.

Aww I need to be more like you. It's lime spending the money on a bag leads to spending more on other things to go with the bag. But honestly it's not super expensive clothes either!!! I hit up TJ maxx like it's my job:P

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

joyceluvsbags said:
Aww I need to be more like you. It's lime spending the money on a bag leads to spending more on other things to go with the bag. But honestly it's not super expensive clothes either!!! I hit up TJ maxx like it's my job:P

Love TX Maxx too! That is my other mother ship (LV is my first)

Cricket123 said:
Love TX Maxx too! That is my other mother ship (LV is my first)

I'm ashamed to admit all the clerks know me and managers as well! But I've gotten such fantastic deals that I refuse to buy clothes anywhere else if I can avoid it.

joyceluvsbags said:
I'm ashamed to admit all the clerks know me and managers as well! But I've gotten such fantastic deals that I refuse to buy clothes anywhere else if I can avoid it.

Oh how funny! The sales associates and managers know me too! One of the managers calls me " the purse lady"!
The sales associates in jewelry actually call me when something great comes in and she puts it aside for me to see.

I do the same thing. I'm the absolute worst when I buy a bag that I plan to use on vacation. It becomes my mission to find things to match the bag as I tell myself it will cut down on packing. It has just begun again - literally 72 hours after my self proclaimed ban, I found the one I've sought out for 2 years. I had given up on here, and then I found it! I've already ordered some shoes to match.

I tend to go out and buy jewelry --it was Pandora beads for a while, now I'm slowing down a bit----or slgs!!! Those are dangerous though because they're not cheap even though they may be small:biggrin:

That's me and my Supertarget ! When I haven't been there for a while,the employees ask me where I've been .
The pharmacy team knows me by name there !:smile:

I normally just have a wander around the store, I've never had to wait for very long to receive my bag, I'm pretty single-minded when I buy so I don't tend to buy anything else.

I always look for matching shoes, and most likely will buy another pair even if I already have shoes that match! While waiting for a bag to arrive, I google it 10 times per day and search TPF to see more pics or find more info on the bag (like I had not been doing it for days before purchasing it!). :smile:

wow! that's me too... but it's winners in toronto... every location i go to they know me by name..(it's funny when i go with someone that doesn't think i'm a big shopper, and everyone says my name!!!!):lol:

Oh no! I have to admit that after choosing the bags I like I tend to stray around the store and start thinking and looking at all possible matching slg and then I will stray further and think what kind of matching accessories like rings earrings or bracelets I have to match with it and I end up buying more than just a bag.
So when buying a bag, I will end up getting something else as well. :P