Which zippy coin purse - classic vs boy

iykyk

Oct 9, 2016
Hope everyone has had a lovely holiday time with their family.

I need some advice in deciding. I want to get a coin purse but not sure which one to get! The options narrow down to 2:
- Caviar classic style with GHW (burgundy interior)
- Caviar boy style with brushed GHW (this is a cuba cruise item, so khaki green interior)

Which one would you choose? I only want one but like both! below are their photos, as well as a photo of my Chanel slgs I have so far.

Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• 15350654_10154378421068303_7728065876717919829_n.jpg
    15350654_10154378421068303_7728065876717919829_n.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,452
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 5.19.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 5.19.41 PM.png
    667.3 KB · Views: 2,211
  • IMG_2402 2.JPG
    IMG_2402 2.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 1,193
  • 15284103_10154378421193303_7525840410032515533_n.jpg
    15284103_10154378421193303_7525840410032515533_n.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,178
I love th Cuba collection. I would get the boy now since it is a seasonal item which may not be available later. I'd get the classic another time in the future ;) Would getting both be an option? lol :graucho:

Reactions: iykyk
I love th Cuba collection. I would get the boy now since it is a seasonal item which may not be available later. I'd get the classic another time in the future ;) Would getting both be an option? lol :graucho:
omg lol I know right. I wish I could, but I would wanna get them in different colours! thanks for your advice!

Reactions: bh4me
I just got a classic in black lamb for the coin purse (it was in exchange for the classic flap cardholder that was one of the Christmas presents from Mr Man).

I like the look of the boy, but my reason for choosing the classic coin pouch is because I wanted it to sit flush inside my bags, as I have a small wallet (same quilted design except in blue lamb, another reason for it as they complement each other) in there as well. I think it comes down to your personal preference and what you may be using it in - they are both beautiful imho. Good luck picking and enjoy it!

I will go against the grain here and go for classic. I don't like boy slgs because the hardware sticks out too much. Feel like it will scratch up the interior of your bag.

It's funny you said that - I specifically line one side of the interior wall of my classic flap with thin felt to prevent scratches from hardware on the SLGs. I need help .

I have classic black caviar flap one and zipper one as well and both are so useful. I would go with classic zipper one but boy is nice too and won't go wrong either one. All of your SLG are so cute and pretty color :smile: Goodluck with your decision!

I will go against the grain here and go for classic. I don't like boy slgs because the hardware sticks out too much. Feel like it will scratch up the interior of your bag.
That's a good observation! I've been using my grey boy card holder but haven't paid attention to whether it scratches anything in my minis yet..

I would go for the classic! Although the boy is very pretty too!
omg that's what im thinking. the boy costs a bit extra too. If the boy has the burgundy interior I would have snatched it in a heartbeat!

I just got a classic in black lamb for the coin purse (it was in exchange for the classic flap cardholder that was one of the Christmas presents from Mr Man).

I like the look of the boy, but my reason for choosing the classic coin pouch is because I wanted it to sit flush inside my bags, as I have a small wallet (same quilted design except in blue lamb, another reason for it as they complement each other) in there as well. I think it comes down to your personal preference and what you may be using it in - they are both beautiful imho. Good luck picking and enjoy it!
I had a look at Chanel's measurements of the 2 on their website and the boy is about 1cm shorter in height than the classic. Probably because of the 3 stripes.

It's funny you said that - I specifically line one side of the interior wall of my classic flap with thin felt to prevent scratches from hardware on the SLGs. I need help .
That's a good tip! lol

I have classic black caviar flap one and zipper one as well and both are so useful. I would go with classic zipper one but boy is nice too and won't go wrong either one. All of your SLG are so cute and pretty color :smile: Goodluck with your decision!
Thank youu!! heyy we met again here :P i still havent' yet to use my pink one..it's too pretty!

Reactions: shopgirl4cc