Which would you rather substitute?

i agree with some of the lovely ladies. i do not compromise ever (and driving everyone around me crazy with it) when i buy something it has to be me so in case of h if the color is off the hardware the leather the stitching i am out. not because the bag is horrible per say it is just that i know myself if there is something about it that bugs me constantly i will never use it and that would be shame wouldn´t it? it could have gone to a home of person who loves it the way it is

I'm sometimes sorry (for me), but I can't compromise with H...

I'm open to my SA advices, and I can reconsider and change my mind...
but if in the end, I don't love, I don't buy.

It is a torture. Please, do not make me compromising - I'll get ill, will start tossing and turning at night thinking and thinking, talking myself into loving it but alas...will end up hating it and keeping deep into my closet.
On the other hand, sometimes when you are put in this position when you have to choose - you may suddenly see something about the bag (esp. Hermes bag!) you didn't consider that you just love, IMO

GF, looks like you decided already, but I agree with your decision. If everything isn't just right, it's not right for me. For me, these are such monumental purchases, everything has to be right. And I am a very patient person if it comes to getting exactly what I want.

This is tricky. Personally, I don't compromise especially with that kind of price you are paying an Hermes. But if I must, I will probably compromise on the leather and stick to the color I want. Again, this depends on the leather offered. If I really hate the leather, I will just give it up because I know I'm not going to use the bag, ever.

I was just offered my dream Birkin

1) In a leather that I was told I couldn't order and would be unlikely to be used in a Birkin again,

2) From the boutique that REALLY gets nothing,

3) After it arrived unexpectedly from Paris, since the boutique hadn't placed an order for it,

4) In the perfect color,

5) BUT in a size that makes me look like I'm raiding Barbie's closet.

*Sigh* I've spent the last 48 hours whining over it.

^^I completely understand your situation. The same thing happened to me. Everything was perfect on the bag but the size was too huge on me. I kept ranting about it for a few months.

^^I completely understand your situation. The same thing happened to me. Everything was perfect on the bag but the size was too huge on me. I kept ranting about it for a few months.

:lol: It's starting to dawn on Mr.GGA that I'll be obsessing on the almost-perfect, unlikely to be seen again bag for the better part of 2008...He's soooooo not happy now.

:lol: It's starting to dawn on Mr.GGA that I'll be obsessing on the almost-perfect, unlikely to be seen again bag for the better part of 2008...He's soooooo not happy now.

I can imagine that :lol:. You know, I take back my words about ranting for a few months. Actually, I only stopped ranting when I finally got the exact bag that I wanted. It took close to a year. My BF nearly killed himself :P.

For the sake of your hubby, I hope you will get the bag you want :lol:.

I think the fact that you are unsure and need to ask means it's not right for you. Technically, I compromised on style (Birk instead of HAC) but it never actually felt like a compromise iyswim so I never look at it and think "if only you were slimmer and taller" ;) No regrets here.

The leather has to be just right, I'm not picky anyway, just not epsom or swift. But we are buying H, and leather is their star product so we should never compromise on the leather if there is something exact that you want.

The colour has to be in the right family tree, it does not have to be exact, eg, orange or poitron is ok for me.

Size I cannot compromise on, since it's a bag that is going to be used.

While I hem and haw about combinations before I place orders until my SA is pulling his hair out. I think that if forced:
1. I could compromise on hardware.
2. I could compromise on color only if the other color was within the same range of what I was looking for -- I am all about neutrals at the moment.
3. Likewise, I would only think about compromise about leather if the "other" leather had all the same characteristics I was looking for ie, veining/no veining, weight, stiffness/slouchiness, rain durability.
4. I could not compromise from one exotic leather to something else.
So I guess that leather would be the last thing I would want to give up.