Which would you rather substitute?

That's my girl!! I'm a Taurus and I come by my stubborness naturally so if you ever need extra bullish willpower, I'm game!
That being said, I do compromise sometimes --- like I'd be willing to take Raisin Box w/ PH even though I would prefer GH .... just to be flexible...

I'm a saggitarius, and I would go as far as to take NO hardware, LOL, in the case of raisin box, of course.

You're so easy, CB...:nuts:

LOL GF.

Since I'm a Sag too, does this imply no hardware either and that I'm also easy??

Actually I think I might pick colour over leather. I got offered something in Thalassa Blue in the spring, and it was in epsom, not my favourite leather (not that I'm being a quality snob, it's just that it's too stiff for me), but it was so pretty that I grabbed it faster than than a pig after a truffle.

OK, I know the answer will be "neither", but if you HAD to (hypothetically, Ladies) which would you rather substitute, COLOUR or LEATHER?

For instance, if you could get the EXACT bag you wanted - colour, size, h/w, but only in a leather you're not too fond of, would you do it.

Or if you could get the EXACT leather (say barenia) right size, right h/w, but wrong colour -

which would you be happy to substitute?

Personally, I thought I could substitute colour, but not leather (I'm passionate about certain leathers), but I have been offered the exact bag I want, but in a leather that I don't love...

I'm like you, GF. I will more likely accept a different colour than have to choose a different leather.

That's my girl!! I'm a Taurus and I come by my stubborness naturally so if you ever need extra bullish willpower, I'm game!

Is that where the willpower comes from?

*Raises hand* Taurus here.
taurus.png

Another vote here for not compromising (much) on leather. There are certain leathers I just will NOT take but I am actually rather flexible on color. I think there are only two or maybe three colors I absolutely would never see myself accepting under any circumstances.
Hardware is a tricky one for me though as I have bought more than one bag in the past and then never carried it, or rarely carried it, because of the HW color not working with my wardrobe/jewelry. :shame:

Speaking of doblis, and yes I know this belongs in the inventory thread but you did mention doblis: there is a goooorrrrgeous mini Constance in that Rosee color Doblis with I believe PHW (or Ruthenium) at South Alaska right now. :love: Totally impractical for me, but wow was it pretty!

GAH! What would I do?!?!!?!? THing is....every time I've compromised I wind up selling the bag I've compromised on for the one I eventually find that's perfect......

I just went through the EXACT same thing. The perfect size, HW, color in a Kelly, but the wrong leather. At least, not a leather I liked for myself. Guess what?.....no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't love it.
You shouldn't have to try hard. It should be love at first sight, or at least love within the 10 day return policy.
I returned.

GAH! What would I do?!?!!?!? THing is....every time I've compromised I wind up selling the bag I've compromised on for the one I eventually find that's perfect......

Me too. BUT that is OK with me, because I got to enjoy having the "almost right" bag in the meantime. Sort of like the difference between Mr. Right and Mr. Right Now. LOL