Which would you choose?

Kate1989

Jul 15, 2015
Even though I decided not to buy any bags this year, I'm wondering what my next bag will be and would like to order one at the end of the month. I don't know what to go for!

I love the look and practicality of the Estrela, but I would prefer an all leather bag. I already have a Speedy b 25 but am thinking about another one, I really like it and love that its a timeless bag (I do just tend to feel a little deflated when a bag I have gets discontinued as feel like it will soon look dated), but with two of the same bag I wonder whether one would get neglected in favour of my most preferred colour. Or possibly a 30 (however the 30 is only currently available in black or marineR and I think I'd prefer something a bit different). I love the lady-like look of the Montaigne, and the organisation inside and its structured look, but I live in the UK and would worry about the inside getting wet as it's an open bag, and how neatly the bag will fall with the strap attaching at the handles. It would also tip over budget a little and I'd need to sell a few bits first. I also really like the Mazarine (unsure on size), it has feet which is a plus for me, but I've heard the magnetic closure stays open if the bag is full or sometimes sits wonky.

Unfortunately I am no where near any stores and so can't go in and try them on/compare them. Any thoughts on what you'd choose, or pics/review if you have these bags would be much appreciated :smile:

Attachments

• collage-2017-01-18.jpg
    collage-2017-01-18.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 433
I have a SpeedyB25 in DE and I love it so much! By far one of my favorite bags ever. I love the versatility of the detachable crossbody strap and also the classic top handles. I like being hands free as I have 2 kiddos. I think the Speedy is a bag you can have in multiple prints and color ways because it is so classic! I also have a Turenne PM enroute to me which is very similar to the other red bag you have pictured above (couldn't remember name) I just love my crossbody strap with top handle bags! The Montaigne is a bit boxy looking IMO I prefer the pleated look. Don't know if that helps you at all! Hope it does :smile:

Montaigne MM! I have one and love it SO much. There's absolutely no problem with how it hangs with the strap, I think it works perfectly. I live in a cold/rainy country too, but if you use the hook to close the centre of the bag, I don't think it's a problem, depending on what you carry inside, of course. It is such a beautiful bag and I plan to have it in my collection forever.

I would go with your original plan of not buying anything. You do t seem to be really thrilled with any of the bags listed so I would wait until you come across one where you know instantly that this is THE one.

Reactions: acrowcounted
I would go with your original plan of not buying anything. You do t seem to be really thrilled with any of the bags listed so I would wait until you come across one where you know instantly that this is THE one.
Totally agree with this. Especially since you can't try any of them on first. I can't make up my mind on several but am lucky to be able to try them on (hopefully this week!) and decide. And if none of them wow me, I will wait! :heart:

Thank you for all your thoughts. I think the decision is between the Speedy b and Montaigne... However if I don't get to being 100% sure I think I will hold off until after some of the new releases are out in case there's something that grabs me, I also like the look of the emp Melie (not yet on the UK site)... Starting to wonder whether I just want the thrill of another new LV more than anything lol