Which would you choose?

baybay0359

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
Hello everyone,

I will be in Paris this summer and intend to buy a bag. I am struggling between the Celine box and the delvaux Madame with galuchat. They are both around 4500 Canadian. I attached a picture of each. The delvaux picture is pink but I would likely go for something more subtle.

Please help me decide!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 178
Celine box is a better design IMO. Your eye goes right to the buckle, not to a piece of contrasting leather, which is not really a point of interest since it is broad. Two separated metal fasteners confuse the eye a bit because they are so far apart and smaller. With the celine, you don't have to worry about the contrasting leather rectangle aligning with the strap across the middle or the rest of the bag. Fewer components make it less fatiguing on the eye.

I have liked the celine box since I joined tpf. I never get tired of classic box bags.

If you love the other bag, try looking at its picture every day for a month and see if you still love it.

Celine box is a better design IMO. Your eye goes right to the buckle, not to a piece of contrasting leather, which is not really a point of interest since it is broad. Two separated metal fasteners confuse the eye a bit because they are so far apart and smaller. With the celine, you don't have to worry about the contrasting leather rectangle aligning with the strap across the middle or the rest of the bag. Fewer components make it less fatiguing on the eye.

I have liked the celine box since I joined tpf. I never get tired of classic box bags.

If you love the other bag, try looking at its picture every day for a month and see if you still love it.
Great summary! Agree with all.