Which would you buy? Grey Jumbo or Westminster

pinkny

Dec 31, 2013
I love them both but really should just buy one. A grey jumbo like the one tally has: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-c...r-black-grey-chanel-items-here-199810-41.html

or the Westminister which now costs $4500: http://www.bragmybag.com/chanel-westminster-flap-bag/

I have a black rectangle mini and I am told the Westminister is a small bag. Would I get use out of it?

I don't have any lambskin jumbos so this would be my first. I also do not have any jumbos with gold hardware.

What do you think? I wish I could buy both but I really can't. So sad.

I have the westminster and a grey 227 (which is pretty similar in size and use as the jumbo)

I find that I get more use of 227 because the size and the look are practical for everyday use

westminster is quite delicate because of the lambskin and the pearl and tiny chains

so I only carry westminster to dinners or events

If I were you, I'd get the jumbo because you already have the mini for dinners and night outs

ps. westminster isn't really a small bag. It's bigger than the medium but it has short chains

HTH :smile:

I have a Westminster flap and its smaller than m/l classic flap.

However, Westminster has only single flap so it fits about the same as m/l

I have a lamb double flap jumbo but I don't use it often for its weight (over 2 lbs)

It really depends on how much you carry. If you are happy with black caviar mini, chances are you don't carry as much. So I'd say pick between m/l and Westminster flaps.

Best is to try both of them in person and see which one you can get more use

P.S.

I'd like to see more TPFers comment on this year's Westminster flap too!

I vote grey jumbo. Beautiful colour, versatile and a classy bag.

I feel the current Westminster flap looks more delicate and not as refined as previous models. I still think it's a gorgeous bag though.

Good luck with your decision!

If the Westminster is seasonal and you love it, perhaps you should go for it. I don't think, but you should check with an SA, but gray most likely is not going away anytime soon. They're both stunning bags.

I purchased my Westminster about 4-5 years ago and find it to be a most delicate and lovely alternative to my classic flaps. I don't think it is appropriate for daily use but find it a wonderful option for dinners, weddings and special events. If you are looking for a daily bag or one that is more practical, go with the grey jumbo. I also have a metallic grey lambskin jumbo and it is fabulous! Best of luck deciding!

So I went with the grey jumbo and absolutely love it and do not regret my decision because the grey jumbo is my favorite bag, it is my first lambskin and now I understand why everyone loves it so much!

The Westminster is available again in a few months and I am thinking maybe I should buy it but worried the size is too small for a ton of use. I don't want a bag I use once a month. Would you use this as a daytime bag?

I really like the 2nd photo westminster pearl bag.
Have for quite awhile.
Considered it as an evening/event bag--still not ready to take the plunge. Can't see daytime use, for me, with so many bits to smash into stuff & break on this style.
Is stunning & so feminine, though. :smile:
If you get it, please review for us.

do you think the pearls and other embellishments are fragile?

I'm rather a clumsy person, so for me might be tragic. ;)
Reading others' comments, believe "pearls" are glass? Touching chain irl, my hands & rings moved against these pearls to hold bag.
So, I think daily wear wouldn't work as well as occasional.

But, someone actually using this bag would know more. This is only my idea & why I haven't bought it, despite liking look.
I could be wrong.