which would u rather? a chanel bag or jewelry?

Which would you rather?

• Cartier love bracelet

• Chanel 255 jumbo

Results are only viewable after voting.

leboudoir

Apr 29, 2008
Hi Ladies

I'm facing a dilemma and could use some enabling! I'm tossing up between picking up a Cartier love bracelet or a Chanel 255 jumbo.

Which would you ladies rather and why? Would appreciate some input TIA! :biggrin:

p/s: I could be posting this in the wrong forum since its bag AND jewelry, so please move it if im wrong :biggrin:

I would go for the Cartier. It's just that i don't like Chanel bags.
Same. However, I am actually contemplating selling a piece of jewelry to help me fund a certain bag. At one time I would think it was proposterous and that's why I haven't made the plunge yet. While I am a bagaholic, somehow bags come and go, but a fine piece of jewelry can get passed down and last many generations if cared for. I have Cariter, Tiffany and Gucci jewelry from my early teens that I still wear!

I think it depends which one you don't have:

If you have a 'stash' of very nice jewellery already and are dying for a Chanel bag then go for the bag

however,

if you have a range of Chanel bags already go for the Cartier (that's what I voted for BTW just because that's what I would prefer right now).

Either of there pieces you could wear almost every day and both are bound to give you pleasure for many years to come :P.

I think it depends which one you don't have:

If you have a 'stash' of very nice jewellery already and are dying for a Chanel bag then go for the bag

however,

if you have a range of Chanel bags already go for the Cartier (that's what I voted for BTW just because that's what I would prefer right now).

Either of there pieces you could wear almost every day and both are bound to give you pleasure for many years to come :P.

HAHA! I actually own neither! thanks for voting!! :biggrin:

I voted bag because it's beautiful AND very functional.
The bracelet adorns your body, is also beautiful, and those two aspects make it functional as well.
But I just can't carry my lipsticks and car keys in my bracelet.

Reactions: tolliv
I voted for the bag because if you want one you should get it NOW. Somehow Chanel seems to justify raising their prices by $1K every year, so it won't be long before this is a $5K bag.

I voted for the bag because if you want one you should get it NOW. Somehow Chanel seems to justify raising their prices by $1K every year, so it won't be long before this is a $5K bag.

Cartier managed to do that too haha! that's why i don't know which I should jump at, they both keep increasing in price. you make good points :smile:

As much as I hate to say it, I voted for the bag. I'm not impressed with their quality as of late but the reissue is such a beauty.

Food for thought but perhaps purchase a reissue secondhand from a reputable seller and then get the bracelet too...?? ;)