Which would u pic?

I’m debating between classic flap jumbo double shw or caviar chevron jumbo double. The chevron is about $2k more than the classic quilts. Which would u choose?

I think chevron is all the rage right now. I’m contemplating selling my small quilted flap for a chevron one, but still undecided.

Yeah for the price of a medium classic caviar gold it seems I could get a preloved jumbo in excellent condition. But I think the medium is more practical and timeless. I might just buy it new and bite the bullet!

I'm think a small cf will suit me best and that a medium / large might overpower me. I am afraid that a small just won't hold enough.

If I save up for it, the price difference between the small and medium is not that much. But if I buy the small and regret it, saving up for a medium is going to be so very steep. If I go for the medium, getting a mini is a lot less steep.

Does anyone know if there is a weight difference between small and m/l? Everybody talks about size but nobody ever mentions the weight.

Am I too much in my head about this? Do I need to take a step back and just let the idea simmer instead of actively going over all my options?

Reactions: Dannadrew
I'm think a small cf will suit me best and that a medium / large might overpower me. I am afraid that a small just won't hold enough.

If I save up for it, the price difference between the small and medium is not that much. But if I buy the small and regret it, saving up for a medium is going to be so very steep. If I go for the medium, getting a mini is a lot less steep.

Does anyone know if there is a weight difference between small and m/l? Everybody talks about size but nobody ever mentions the weight.

Am I too much in my head about this? Do I need to take a step back and just let the idea simmer instead of actively going over all my options?

if u like the small- go for the mini. I know that the medium is just barely enough but it is more versatile because it holds enough for day and night. The mini also holds value and frankly on preloved could be just the same as a small.
Have u considered a woc?

Reactions: Egel
if u like the small- go for the mini. I know that the medium is just barely enough but it is more versatile because it holds enough for day and night. The mini also holds value and frankly on preloved could be just the same as a small.
Have u considered a woc?
I know myself well enough to know that the feel of a pre-loved bag is not the same and I won't love the bag as much. Maybe for my second bag, not for my first.

I'm oke with shorten the strap and getting a mini after I got the m/l, but not instead of it. I'm torn between the small and m/l because a classic flap is my dream bag. There is a big price difference between the mini, small and m/l and that what fits inside is almost the same but the mini or woc just don't make my heart sing.

It doesn't have to turn into a nightbag. At night I wear clutches that can stand an occasional beershower or survives sigarette scars. My nights are as wild as my days are tame and I do not wear my beloved bags on nights out.

I know myself well enough to know that the feel of a pre-loved bag is not the same and I won't love the bag as much. Maybe for my second bag, not for my first.

I'm oke with shorten the strap and getting a mini after I got the m/l, but not instead of it. I'm torn between the small and m/l because a classic flap is my dream bag. There is a big price difference between the mini, small and m/l and that what fits inside is almost the same but the mini or woc just don't make my heart sing.

It doesn't have to turn into a nightbag. At night I wear clutches that can stand an occasional beershower or survives sigarette scars. My nights are as wild as my days are tame and I do not wear my beloved bags on nights out.

sounds like you are still quite young and free! I just got a medium flap and I have two kids and am 42! My first Chanel. If u r in your 20s/30s I would go for a mini rectangle. There’s no point in collecting flaps. I was torn between the medium and jumbo but opted for the medium because someone pointed out there’s other bagsu can wear that contain the same amount as the jumbo. But the medium is much more versatile. As u age you may find your needs change. The mini is fantastic if u r more petite. Then buy the medium later on. Right now the medium is insane because it’s so coveted so better get something now new and wait for the second hand market for the medium when you’ve saved more.

sounds like you are still quite young and free! I just got a medium flap and I have two kids and am 42! My first Chanel. If u r in your 20s/30s I would go for a mini rectangle. There’s no point in collecting flaps. I was torn between the medium and jumbo but opted for the medium because someone pointed out there’s other bagsu can wear that contain the same amount as the jumbo. But the medium is much more versatile. As u age you may find your needs change. The mini is fantastic if u r more petite. Then buy the medium later on. Right now the medium is insane because it’s so coveted so better get something now new and wait for the second hand market for the medium when you’ve saved more.
Prices will only rise so I can justify spending thousands for a bag I've loved for years. I can't justify spending thousands for a bag that I would shorten the strap off, not get that burgundy inside I always dreamed of and not my preferred size, only because it costs less but fits the same.

The thing is that there is some disposible income but I can't mentally justify two premier bags in my life. That is why I make myself save up for it. I'm not touching rainy day funds for this. If I get the small there will be no medium and if I get the medium there will be no small. That's why I wanted to know the difference between the two.

If I ever change my mind about the mini I'll cross that bridge when I get there, but for now it's not the bag that my heart is set on. Even though it would be the most practical option.

Prices will only rise so I can justify spending thousands for a bag I've loved for years. I can't justify spending thousands for a bag that I would shorten the strap off, not get that burgundy inside I always dreamed of and not my preferred size, only because it costs less but fits the same.

The thing is that there is some disposible income but I can't mentally justify two premier bags in my life. That is why I make myself save up for it. I'm not touching rainy day funds for this. If I get the small there will be no medium and if I get the medium there will be no small. That's why I wanted to know the difference between the two.

If I ever change my mind about the mini I'll cross that bridge when I get there, but for now it's not the bag that my heart is set on. Even though it would be the most practical option.

if u really want a flap- then I’d get the medium. Fits just enough. And as u said- for night u have otherclutches.

good luck! Mediums are super hard to find!

Between the medium and small CF, it sounds like the medium would be your safest bet as it’s most “classic size”. I think you should get the medium first and in the future can get a mini or a woc. Like you said, it won’t be as difficult to save for the mini as it’s about half the price of the medium. I always get the higher priced and my dream item first and then whatever follows later it’s not as difficult to save.