which way to the emerald city??

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
okay gals, so as many of you know...i scored a sweet lil' emerald louise pochette on ebay last nite. makes me want to go and watch 'Return to oz' now, one of my fav movies when i was a kid....it's like one of the treasures in the gnome kings treasury towards the end...

so i did a bunch of searches last nite too, in hopes of finding more bags in this color, and sadly i didn't find many. seems the darker emerald is more popular or available...

can anyone tell me what colored lining it should have? and what season this was made?

Attachments

• 73fa_1.JPG
    73fa_1.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 47
If this bag is the older Emerald, I'm pretty sure it should have a light yellow suede lining. I think it's from around 2004. I know there was a Blake in this color on Ebay recently. Let me see if I can find it...

okay gals, so as many of you know...i scored a sweet lil' emerald louise pochette on ebay last nite. makes me want to go and watch 'Return to oz' now, one of my fav movies when i was a kid....it's like one of the treasures in the gnome kings treasury towards the end...

so i did a bunch of searches last nite too, in hopes of finding more bags in this color, and sadly i didn't find many. seems the darker emerald is more popular or available...

can anyone tell me what colored lining it should have? and what season this was made?

Oh where is foreanfinal, she would def know:yes:

i had an emerald sophia but i can't remember if the suede lining was light yellow or light green. (and was it the same emerald?!) for some reason i want to say very pale green.
congrats jun! she's a cute lil' thing! :yes:

I also get confused between Kelly Green and this older Emerald color. I've never been able to figure out if they're the same color or not. Thithi or Forenfinal would definitely know for sure.

Anyway, I also found this pic of staciesg's Venetia that she calls Kelly Green. It also has the same color suede lining. #467

Last edited:
I also get confused between Kelly Green and this older Emerald color. I've never been able to figure out if they're the same color or not. Thithi or Forenfinal would definitely know for sure.

Anyway, I also found this pic of staciesg's Venetia that she calls Kelly Green. It also has the same color suede lining. #467

It looks like Emerald and Kelly Green are the same. I have a Multipocket that was sold to me as Kelly Green and it has the same yellowish green suede.

see im wondering now if perhaps is kelly green....except i have found a few websites that sell the bag in emerald...the stitching color is different than that blake....im confused...

^^Oh yes, you're right Dawn. It's a light green color. I always thought it was a yellowy-green so I guess that's why I was thinking yellow.

Anyway, here's the Blake listing I was thinking of. You'll see the suede lining your Louise should have if it's in fact the same Emerald.:smile:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marc-Jacobs-Blake-Handbag-Kelly-Green-995_W0QQitemZ200234958743QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200234958743&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

yes, i just got home and he asked for my email, so he's gonna send them to me. was this bag ever faked??? i dont know what color it is now! the topstitching is throwing me off because it looks lighter green not darker...oi!

Designer Imports (the well know fake site) sells Louises. Make sure he sends you pictures of the inside zip pocket - not even sure if it has an inside zipped pocket. I've jsut found a green Louise. I'm going to pm you the link in case it's a fake site and Im not allowed to post it here.

i found this on a webpage, so i hope it's accurate...but the 'emerald' louise seems to have lighter top-stitching than any other emerald or kelly bag i could find in the ref. library...wonder if it's an 'emerald' he only made for the louise?? the seller decribed the lining as 'off pinish orange' and im eagerly awaiting pics...

Attachments

• 48b0119429724_74911b.jpg
    48b0119429724_74911b.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 36
The Louise has certainly been faked, I've seen it on lots of sites. However, I've only seen the fakes in Ivory, blue, black and pink. The seller of this bag sent me some extra pictures of the inside which is tan coloured. Although the pictures were not very good, I think this one is authentic. All the fakes I have seen are very badly stitched. I will find a link.