Which watch is the better fit?

tramcaro

Fixer!
O.G.
Oct 3, 2008
Ladies and gents,
I'm contemplating on making my second Hermes watch purchase, but unsure regarding:
1) Arceau vs Slim: which one is better in term of technical spects/technology
2) Size: I'm hoping for an oversize look
3) Classic appearance yet modern.

I'm including the biggest Slim watch and a smaller Arceau for size comparison.

Also, for the Slim, the Grey face looks more subdue and smaller (due to the dark tone) but my concern is i'm going to get bored with it over time.

I'm not fooling myself into thinking this is an investment.

Any expert opinions will be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0456.JPG
    IMG_0456.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0460.JPG
    IMG_0460.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 446
Reactions: obsessedwhermes
My vote goes to Arceau. I'm thinking of getting my first H watch and I'm torn between Arceau and H Heure white lacquer dial. I would say I lean towards Arceau more coz the design is simple yet elegant and classic. It's the kind of watch which I can foresee myself wearing on a daily basis and in later stages of life.

Amongst the three, Arceau gets my vote. It's more classic. Not as keen on the font for the numbers on the Slim. Good luck deciding! :flowers:

Aesthetics wise the Arceau. Practical question - do you need the date? My choice was Arceau Automatic date and moonphase. To answer your questions
1) I think both are similar technology- wise if you are comparing the Quartz versions. The Movements for the Mechanical versions are different for either watch, the Arceau has 4 hours extra power reserve.
2) The TGM models for both are about 40mm diameter.
3) The Slim is def more modern, the Arceau is always classic.
I hope I have done my watch SA proud.

I prefer the one in the middle by a wide margin. Good luck deciding!

Slim w/ croc/alligator bands either in emerald green or purple. If you prefer a classic look, black croc band.

My vote goes to Arceau. I'm thinking of getting my first H watch and I'm torn between Arceau and H Heure white lacquer dial. I would say I lean towards Arceau more coz the design is simple yet elegant and classic. It's the kind of watch which I can foresee myself wearing on a daily basis and in later stages of life.

Amongst the three, Arceau gets my vote. It's more classic. Not as keen on the font for the numbers on the Slim. Good luck deciding! :flowers:

Aesthetics wise the Arceau. Practical question - do you need the date? My choice was Arceau Automatic date and moonphase. To answer your questions
1) I think both are similar technology- wise if you are comparing the Quartz versions. The Movements for the Mechanical versions are different for either watch, the Arceau has 4 hours extra power reserve.
2) The TGM models for both are about 40mm diameter.
3) The Slim is def more modern, the Arceau is always classic.
I hope I have done my watch SA proud.

I like the #2, either way it looks good on you.. good luck deciding..

The second one looks the best

Wow, an overwhelming response for Arceau! You have peaked my interest in researching more about this watch! Thank you everyone!

Reactions: Meta