Which wallet?

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Hello everyone. I'm looking to get a new wallet and need help deciding between the Sarah in vernis ( amarante), the Zippy in vernis (amarante) or the new Sarah in mono. My current wallet is the French purse, but it's an old style and I need a full-size wallet with more slots for cards, etc. thanks for your input!

I have the new model Sarah in Amarante.
It is such a beauty and I cant stop looking at it even though its been months since I got it. It is sooo classy and chic.
The only downside as I see it, is the fingerprints but I have the polishingcloth with me all the time in my purse.
But if you want a carefree wallet, choose the mono or the damier instead of Vernis. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414412660.811509.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1414412680.307352.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1414412719.721069.jpg

For what it's worth, I'm currently lemming for a vernis ZCP :smile: I admit the Sarah is much more feminine and elegant but these days I'm in the mood for the youthful and modern ZCP.

The amarante is stunning - to me it is more of a "winter" type wallet? Not sure I would love the dark burgundy in the middle of the summer.

Does that matter to you??

The amarante is stunning - to me it is more of a "winter" type wallet? Not sure I would love the dark burgundy in the middle of the summer.

Does that matter to you??
I do want a wallet I can use year round. Would you get the vernis in a light color or the mono in the new Sarah? I prefer it to the zippy. Thanks!

I do want a wallet I can use year round. Would you get the vernis in a light color or the mono in the new Sarah? I prefer it to the zippy. Thanks!

Well this isn't going to help at all but I have the Marie Lou and I love it.

I had the Groom Sarah, many zippy's and then tried the Marie Lou.

I didn't think I would like it as much as I do but I absolutely LOVE IT. It is so functional.

You don't have to open the wallet to be flat open to access the cards. It is like a Sarah and you can put your most used cards in the front two slots. And I love the back patch pocket - perfect for my phone. Bill and coin and in the same spot as Sarah. It has an extra pocket for receipts behind the 6 credit slot area. And a small patch pocket in front of the 6 slots too. (great for stamps and small items!)

I think the amarante is the best color for vernis - look at used vernis wallets. They end up looking worn and dirty.

Get the amarante and by spring you can get a new wallet.

I'm NO HELP AT ALL!!!!

I'll give a +1 for the Marie Lou, just got her yesterday and I feel like she is much more year round and easy to care for. Its a combination of Mono/Epi and comes in a variety of colors. So you get that pop of color with that easy care Mono and Epi. And I love the inside envelope pocket, so unusual and so useful! I say go check them all out side by side if you can and see which one speaks to you. I hadn't planned on a wallet at ALL till I saw Marie Lou online Saturday night and bought her Sunday morning :P

I'll give a +1 for the Marie Lou, just got her yesterday and I feel like she is much more year round and easy to care for. Its a combination of Mono/Epi and comes in a variety of colors. So you get that pop of color with that easy care Mono and Epi. And I love the inside envelope pocket, so unusual and so useful! I say go check them all out side by side if you can and see which one speaks to you. I hadn't planned on a wallet at ALL till I saw Marie Lou online Saturday night and bought her Sunday morning :P

I love the combo of the epi and mono also. What color did you get??

I think the Marie Lou is gorgeous, but I wouldn't know which color to choose. All of my small leather goods are in mono. I have a DE Speedy 30 and black Chanel Cerf tote with good hardware. I'm planning to purchase the pochette Metis as my next bag and someday the Alma PM in amarante vernis, tough that won't be an everyday bag. Which Marie Lou did you go with? I wear "warm" colors as cool tones don't suit me, if that matters at all

I think the Marie Lou is gorgeous, but I wouldn't know which color to choose. All of my small leather goods are in mono. I have a DE Speedy 30 and black Chanel Cerf tote with good hardware. I'm planning to purchase the pochette Metis as my next bag and someday the Alma PM in amarante vernis, tough that won't be an everyday bag. Which Marie Lou did you go with? I wear "warm" colors as cool tones don't suit me, if that matters at all
I have it in figue. I just got the epi cosmetic in fuchsia and I'm drawn to the orange too! Tough call.

I do like having multi colored items in my bag and sometimes it is nice to be able to "find" things whey they are a different color. Mono can get monotonous. haha

I have a pochette metis also and the Marie Lou does fit in it but not much else - just an FYI. But I've been eyeing a ZCW for use in my metis.

The great thing about the Marie Lou is that sometimes I just grab it out of my bag and use that when I'm running around. Works like a great clutch!! Let me see if I can find the youtube video on it - explains everything in it.

Thanks so much! Orange is the color I'm drawn to. I agree about everything being the same pattern. I like a little pop of color and will check these out in the boutique this weekend. You have some great pieces, Maxter!

Thanks so much! Orange is the color I'm drawn to. I agree about everything being the same pattern. I like a little pop of color and will check these out in the boutique this weekend. You have some great pieces, Maxter!

I love orange and would have gotten the piment but I have so much orange already. I have an orange Karo GM and an orange goyard zippy. I thought figue was a bit different so I decided to go with that.

Get the orange/piment - I love the epi / mono mix.

Somebody just bought a Pochette Metis and a Palais wallet which is about the same size as the Marie Lou. Maybe even a little bigger. Here is her link - check out the pics of the inside. ....

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...des-new-wallet-style-885093.html#post27587757

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 641
  • attachmentZDWYESS2.jpg
    attachmentZDWYESS2.jpg
    940.4 KB · Views: 641
  • attachment1.jpg
    attachment1.jpg
    927.2 KB · Views: 646
^^ Yes! That was me! I had the hardest time deciding on a wallet.. I think the Pallas wallet is similar in size to the Sarah, maybe a little smaller? But it does fit in the front pocket of the Pochette Metis, it is a bit large for that bag, but I didn't want to have to change my wallet every time I change bags.. Also it's a bit on the heavy side because of the clasp.. Depending on how much I end up using this bag I might consider a smaller wallet for it in the future.. Hope that helps.. Good luck deciding!