Which Vintage Alhambra necklace to purchase to wear for my wedding ceremony & reception?!

sugarbabetvxq

Jan 16, 2019
Hey everyone!

I am currently looking to purchase my first piece from the VCA brand and been eyeing the Vintage Alhambra necklace with 1 motif so that I could wear it for my wedding ceremony and reception next year in March 2021! This is going to be such a special and memorable purchase for me :smile:

I am hoping you guys could provide me with advise on which would be more suitable for me to wear for my wedding and also as an everyday wear:-
1. Vintage Alhambra necklace in white MOP
2. Vintage Alhambra necklace in the new Grey MOP
3. Vintage Alhambra necklace in Malachite

I have attached photos and would greatly appreciate your advise on this!

Regards,
Emily.420B9BC3-C066-4169-BFA7-F6B823B8C9C3.jpeg91156182-64AD-4A45-B55D-C8476A0A73FA.jpegC6A5CC7A-7C1A-43A1-B783-4518A6C605D3.jpeg

Congrats on your big day! :heart::heart::heart:

It is your big day - everyone will be there to celebrate your union and the next chapter in your life - so you can generally do no wrong.

In my culture, for weddings, we would go for white, red and gold. You can choose a piece to wear in the day and other pieces for the evening (with each change of clothes) - that way, you get to wear every dress and jewel you desire. It is afterall your fashion show!

Have lots of fun on your big day and happy planning! xoxo

Last edited:
Definitely think white MOP in WG is the way to go, but be sure to try it on with your gown as sometimes you have a different vision than what ends up pairing well (actually happened to me with my wedding jewels). Same goes for allowing enough time to alter the length of the necklace or pendant if needed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys! I am going back on Saturday to the store to try again and ultimately decide which one suits me better. My wedding dress is in champagne color and tbh, I was actually amazed with the fact that the GMOP isn't that dark tone! It is quite light in grey. I will see how it goes ;D

Reactions: DS2006
Thanks for the feedback guys! I am going back on Saturday to the store to try again and ultimately decide which one suits me better. My wedding dress is in champagne color and tbh, I was actually amazed with the fact that the GMOP isn't that dark tone! It is quite light in grey. I will see how it goes ;D
I think the grey MOP you tried on is a lot lighter than the one I tried on in store last weekend. I though the one I tried on was too dark for my ivory wedding dress. If your dress is champagne then the grey would look really nice! I personally think grey would look nicer for everyday wear since it stands out more. Please let us know what you ended up getting!

Reactions: sugarbabetvxq
@sugarbabetvxq

Your dress is just gorgeous! Honestly, I think some statement, beautiful earrings and no necklace would be my preference with your dress. I think Alhambra mop is a little casual. However, I can only see the white MOP (preferably wg) with your dress if you really want to wear one of the pendants. I don't see the gray MOP working at all.

My younger daughter got married last August and her dress underlayer was blush. She did wear rose gold and diamond drop earrings and no necklace. I could maybe see the white gold Frivole pave pendant (or earrings) with your dress, though, due to the floral applique.

Last edited: