which Veneta for a 163 cm gal?

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Veneta as my next bag (and first BV). I'm still undecided on the size, I'm 163 cm and quite petite and I'm torn between a medium or a large. I've scrolled down many posts of you gals wearing your Veneta and still can't make up my minds. Sometimes the medium looks working just fine and sometimes it's too small, while the large goes they other way round.
Anyone around my height is willing to post pictures here?
The other thing I'm curious to know about is if it's difficult to things inside your Veneta keeps floating around, or if they are easy to find. I'm a bit messy and I'm one of those women who always loose her car keys (even if they are in the pocket:P)
i don't have a boutique here near, so your help is much appreciated.

If I converted cm to inches correctly you and I are about the same height, tho I am overweight. Even though you are very petite (small-boned?) I think a large would suit you. If you don't carry much in your bags, a medium would also work, but the shoulder drop length is easier to carry on the shoulder especially with a sweater or light jacket if you get the large size.

Hopefully other members here about your height and build will post some photos for you to compare.

I'm shorter than you, only 157cm and i carry the large but I like large bags and I tend to carry a lot in my bags. I don't think the large overwhelms me at all since, once broken in, it hugs to the body. If you're concerned about the size, another option is the Belly which size is comparable to the medium but it holds more since it has more of a bottom. I agree with boxermom about the shoulder drop, if you wear a lot of heavier clothing, a large will work better.

Thanks! I use to carry a lot with me, so it seems that a large would serve me better on everyday purpose. What about organizing things inside?

maryg1 - Is there any way you can visit a BV boutique? I see your from the heart of "handbag land"! My dream is to visit Italy and buy a gorgeous scrumptious handbag from there! I can only tell you from my own experience. I am average. Some call me petite. In either case, I chose a medium. However, I don't carry a lot but what I carry is bulky (3 eyeglass cases!!) On those days, I don't use my BV because it stuffs the bag up too much and I like the bag to drape. When the bag drapes, it hangs down lower and looks beautiful. For me, I couldn't get used to the large and preferred the look of the large Compana. To sum it up, as most have said, the medium is smaller, sits closer up on the shoulder and fits less things in the bag. The large is sufficient for more things, rests a bit lower from the shoulder. As far as organization, please keep in mind that both are hobo styles. Unless you will be keeping little purse organizers to find your things, the contents will be floating. I prefer to just throw my things in and at the end of the day clean out my bags. I keep my little things, lip gloss and lip pencil and dental floss in the zipper and have bought a leather key case for my keys which I keep in the bag itself. I do have to rummage thru my bags (almost all are hobos) but I don't really mind it! - Especially when touching sumptuous suede! :love:

I am exactly 163 cm petite (45 kg.) Though I don't have any veneta, I only have bellys. But I hope my pictures help.

large belly
IMG_3405.jpg

small belly
IMG_3407.jpg

I think the medium veneta will look more proportionate while the large will look a bit oversize. It depends on how much you carry and how do you dress. If you don't carry much and dress more formal, go for medium. If you carry much and dress formal, may be the medium campana works better...

I'm the same height and I own both bags. I think there's a time and place for both sizes. The large is quite casual while the medium can be casual or also for dressier ocassions. Since you said that you carry a lot of stuff, I would recommend you start with a Large Veneta. As far as keeping things organized, I suggest that you check out this thread - http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-...ert-reference-keep-that-bag-clean-418854.html

I personally don't use a purse insert in my Venetas. The other alternative is to buy some SLGs (cosmetic case, document case, etc) and organize accordingly

I am in the same dilemma,163cm and size 0, I am going to get a veneta in shock, initially I really prefer size large, I think it looks more relaxed and cooler, but I haven not seen a large shock IRL to compare with medium, only large in other colors. I asked SA to try both size on for me, and now I prefer a medium. But I am waiting SA to receive both size in shock for me to try on and make decision. I would say if it is a bright color, maybe medium is better, otherwise go with large. But you should try both on in the boutique, I think your SA would give your valuable opinions, and you can put our daily necessities into medium when you try it, see if it fits, I only plan to use it as an occasional bag, so I probably would get medium.

Bgaholic-you should definitely come in Italy, we really have great leather bags! I'm in love with Coccinelle leather, it gets better and better with use and their bags are great value for the money.
Back to Bv, I took a picture of what I carry daily (insert my Samsung Galaxy to the picture and umbrella is there on rainy days only). I've just swatched to a Furla wallet from a BV one, it is a gift from my father so I can't keep it unused!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120121_194745.png
    ForumRunner_20120121_194745.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 745
paepaega said:
I am exactly 163 cm petite (45 kg.) Though I don't have any veneta, I only have bellys. But I hope my pictures help.

large belly

small belly

I think the medium veneta will look more proportionate while the large will look a bit oversize. It depends on how much you carry and how do you dress. If you don't carry much and dress more formal, go for medium. If you carry much and dress formal, may be the medium campana works better...
Thank you so much, your pics help a lot as we're very similar. I think there is space for both sizes, my wallet would get a shock though!!

TDL and inesyi, thank you for your help. I don't have a boutique near here, but possibly a store carrying BV among other designer. I'm mostly in jeans, but in Summer I'm quite used to skirts as jeans would be too hot, so I think both sizes could work, maybe a medium in Summer and large in Winter.

I think those would fit into a medium, which color are you going to get?

Bgaholic-you should definitely come in Italy, we really have great leather bags! I'm in love with Coccinelle leather, it gets better and better with use and their bags are great value for the money.
Back to Bv, I took a picture of what I carry daily (insert my Samsung Galaxy to the picture and umbrella is there on rainy days only). I've just swatched to a Furla wallet from a BV one, it is a gift from my father so I can't keep it unused!