Which VCA Alhambra piece should i add next to my collection?

LADY755

May 8, 2017
Hello everyone!

So i would like to know your opinion on what i should buy next, in addition to my current VCA collection.

I currently have:
  1. Vintage Alhambra earrings in Malachite
  2. Sweet Alhambra studs w carnelian
  3. Sweet Alhambra necklace w carnelian
  4. Sweet Alhambra bracelet w carnelian
  5. Sweet Alhambra pendant w MOP
I am hesitating between getting a pair of vintage Alhambra earrings w MOP or the same bracelet w 5 motifs.
Having said that, i only have 1 VCA bracelet (point 4 above) and Cartier love one.
I think that earrings would probably best to add to the collection now and get the bracelet later, as i would be able to match earrings w the pendant, and w Cartier love on my wrist.

What do you all think?
Does anyone who has MOP use earrings or bracelet more often?
Thank you all

ffflyin

Oct 26, 2012
Lovely collection, and how exciting to add a new piece! Are you looking to purchase ASAP? If you are able to, I would get the MOP bracelet first because of the impending price increase.

If the price increase is irrelevant then personally would go with the MOP earrings. It depends on your lifestyle I guess. I used to wear mum's MOP bracelet from time to time, but very rarely as I work in an office and I do think it is a little excessive (flashy) for that purpose + the constant typing/writing/etc. would probably be of concern. I am not usually THAT careful with my jewellery, and even then daily wear of the bracelet in that environment would freak me out -- the lustre on the pearls are something I would like to maintain as much as possible.

If you do not work in an office or foresee that much friction with your bracelet then that'd be fine. I do see colleagues wearing the MOP earrings and I find them to be very very worthwhile purchases mileage wise. They are super beautiful and ever-appropriate with any and all casual/corporate/dressy items. I think you would readily reach for them without hesitation, whereas the bracelet I would put a little more thought into beforehand.

:smile:

Reactions: hhw and LADY755

nycmamaofone

Jul 26, 2013
Earrings are more versatile than the bracelet. I have to baby my MOP bracelet so it doesn’t wear out too fast (that being said, I have had mine for ten years or so and it looks great, but mainly because I take care of it). Earrings you can wear everyday.

NY2LA

Feb 24, 2018
Also, something to consider, the MOP bracelet is not currently available. Inventory is very low.

LADY755

May 8, 2017
Also, something to consider, the MOP bracelet is not currently available. Inventory is very low.
Yes, my SA said the same. She said if i want them she’d have to place the order for me.
But they are not discontinuing them?
We’ll be having a price increase in VCA from 24 September in Dubai (and the UAE).

LADY755

May 8, 2017
Share pics if you can please! Hope you enjoy your new purchase xx
Ok so i have decided to go for Magic Alhambra mother of pearl with yellow gold. They are amazingly gorgeous in person! I have paid a deposit to lock the original price. I think that was a good decision as i can wear it during the day and especially for the evening or any special occasion!