Which Tote bag to choose?

Superbe

May 29, 2014
I'm planning on gifting myself a new work tote for Christmas and wanted your advice which of the two bags below to choose. I live in a warm climate and I'm looking for a fresh and spacious lightweight bag to use daily (when I'm not at meetings and don't need a very polished business-like look).

I've always been debating whether to get the Neverfull as it seems like such a classic option (and the DA is less recognisable and more subtle than the monogram). I recently saw the Mulberry zipped Bayswater below which looks gorgeous but not sure if it will be dated soon and if it's worth as an investment (I have a feeling that Mulberry bags haven't really been in style the past few years).

Grateful for your thoughts!
louis-vuitton-neverfull-mm-damier-azur-canvas-handbags--N41605_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

d368c2df62995548949a34e76e24996b_HH4406_205J633.jpg

Amazona

Mar 31, 2013
LV for sure. I like the look and M quality is nowadays something you can only guess upon. Also, I think the LV will be better to carry in a warm climate. At least I stay away from leather bags in the summertime.

Reactions: MooMooVT

dcooney4

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I'm planning on gifting myself a new work tote for Christmas and wanted your advice which of the two bags below to choose. I live in a warm climate and I'm looking for a fresh and spacious lightweight bag to use daily (when I'm not at meetings and don't need a very polished business-like look).

I've always been debating whether to get the Neverfull as it seems like such a classic option (and the DA is less recognisable and more subtle than the monogram). I recently saw the Mulberry zipped Bayswater below which looks gorgeous but not sure if it will be dated soon and if it's worth as an investment (I have a feeling that Mulberry bags haven't really been in style the past few years).

Grateful for your thoughts!
louis-vuitton-neverfull-mm-damier-azur-canvas-handbags--N41605_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

d368c2df62995548949a34e76e24996b_HH4406_205J633.jpg
I prefer the mulberry. My neverful strap drop is short and if it is really hot I have to be very careful not to get deodorant or something on the vachetta. I have the small bayswater and absolutely love it. Very classy and flys under the radar.

Superbe

May 29, 2014
Thank you for your replies ladies. I won't be carrying too much heavy items but still want something spacious and lightweight. Given the all year warm climate where I live, perhaps having an everyday canvas tote like the neverfull might be better (rather than heavy leather which I wouldn't want to expose too much to the sun).

The Damier Azur seems less recognisable and "mainstream" than the other LV canvases? If I go for it, I might also get it hot stamped to make it more personalised... but still debating what to choose

Reactions: dotty8