Which Top Coat do you use?

jeye

O.G.
Jun 11, 2009
Question for everyone, as I am in the new market for a new top coat......Which topcoat do you use? Pros? Cons? How long does it last you? Are there any you have tried and DO NOT recommend?

I'm currently using Wet n' Wild Megashine Top coat, it works fine but just wondering if there is anything better out there. I bought Sally Hansen Megashine top coat, read reviews on it and found that people report chipping almost the next day! So i'll probably return it since I haven't used it yet.

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

I use Sally Hansen Insta Dri (Anti Chip Top Coat) - And I looooove it. It dries so fast. In less than a minute. One of the reasons why I started painting my nails more. I also found that my nails don't chip as much when I use this.
I also have OPI top coat which I've never used. Does anyone use it? And if so how long does it take to dry usually?

i use the brilliante base & top coat by borghese - i like that i don't have to buy separate base & top coats, and i really like the finish - the best way i can describe it is that it makes my nails look very healthy - it's not shiny-shiny but kind of luminous

I use Sally Hansen Insta Dri (Anti Chip Top Coat) - And I looooove it. It dries so fast. In less than a minute. One of the reasons why I started painting my nails more. I also found that my nails don't chip as much when I use this.
I also have OPI top coat which I've never used. Does anyone use it? And if so how long does it take to dry usually?

not a huge fan of the OPI top coat - i think it goes on a bit thin. i didn't notice more chipping, but the colour at the very tips of my nails would sort of wear down, if that makes any sense?

I use Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. It's good, but it makes my nails dry/peeling after I take off the polish. Probably because I don't use a base coat. I need to invest in one of those.

I use Seche Vite.
Pros: it dries super quick and is shiny.
Cons: Stinky and it can get gloopy/thick over time.
I buy one evey few months and I paint my nails twice a week. You can buy the seche restore which is the thinner to un gloop the topcoat and it lasts longer. I am too lazy and just buy a new bottle. lol

I use poshe topcoat and liked that too.

I do not recommend- oh so wet from Sallys. lots of bubbles :sad: