Which to keep???

Both colors are beautiful. And since you already own the black Dottie, the natural would be the best addition to your accessories wardrobe. The natural is a lighter shade and most different from the black (I know that's obvious).

My only concern regarding the natural is the possibility of color transfer from dark clothing onto the handbag. If this handbag is one you plan to wear everyday, then you need to consider that and also possible soiling that comes from daily use. If the handbag is part of a larger handbag rotation, then these (natural Florentine) issues aren't as problematic.

I hate to be the downer in the conversation, but we hear of sad stories about natural (and other light colored Florentine). Everyone is heartbroken and angry when it happens. Crossbody and handbags shoulder carried are especially vulnerable as they rub against the body and clothing.

Both colors are beautiful. And since you already own the black Dottie, the natural would be the best addition to your accessories wardrobe. The natural is a lighter shade and most different from the black (I know that's obvious).

My only concern regarding the natural is the possibility of color transfer from dark clothing onto the handbag. If this handbag is one you plan to wear everyday, then you need to consider that and also possible soiling that comes from daily use. If the handbag is part of a larger handbag rotation, then these (natural Florentine) issues aren't as problematic.

I hate to be the downer in the conversation, but we hear of sad stories about natural (and other light colored Florentine). Everyone is heartbroken and angry when it happens. Crossbody and handbags shoulder carried are especially vulnerable as they rub against the body and clothing.

No, I appreciate your opinion for sure! I wore my black pants Monday and had no issues with transfer, nor with my denim skinnies today. And while I’ll carry her for several months in a row I’m not hard on my bags and tend to baby them, so I doubt if I have any issues with soiling, etc. plus, after Easter I get to break out all my white pants! I don’t mind the chestnut and I think it’s pretty but it doesn’t make me happy like the natural. I was expecting the chestnut to have more highs and lows in the dying and was a little let down.

No, I appreciate your opinion for sure! I wore my black pants Monday and had no issues with transfer, nor with my denim skinnies today. And while I’ll carry her for several months in a row I’m not hard on my bags and tend to baby them, so I doubt if I have any issues with soiling, etc. plus, after Easter I get to break out all my white pants! I don’t mind the chestnut and I think it’s pretty but it doesn’t make me happy like the natural. I was expecting the chestnut to have more highs and lows in the dying and was a little let down.

Chestnuts vary a lot. I prefer the coppery kind.

You need to be happy with your choice. And it sounds like you have considered all the factors and the natural has your heart. Enjoy your new treasure.

Reactions: southernbelle82