Which to keep: vintage jumbo or vintage medium-small?

Jul 7, 2006
I need help! I can't decide which vintage Chanel to keep. I may keep both but I feel like I'm being greedy, because I don't need two bought within a short period of time from each other (6 mo). So if you HAD to choose, which would you pick if you were me? Here's my argument for both, I am including price because that might help too (like if I got a good deal on one or something so it'd be harder to come across again):

Jumbo
My first Chanel love, after seeing the XL version in Nicole Richie years ago.
Love the giant gold CCs
Love that fits a lot, better for daytime outfits
No longer made
I paid $1600 for this

Medium-Small
The classic size
More comfortable to wear, a LOT lighter
Better for evening, but goes with some daywear as well (doesn't hold as much though)
I paid $2200 for this
Just received so easy to return

Here are some sample outfits I'd wear with either. Excuse the messy bedroom (staying at boyfriend's, total bachelor pad!). They are both 3-series, and neither is in perfect condition but I love both for different reasons. Obviously you can tell where I got the small from, the tag is still on!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411794823.264895.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1411794861.500531.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1411794877.497332.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1411794888.346349.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1411794913.837659.jpg

Last edited:
Wow both look amazing on you! I would vote for keeping both they are so different size wise they serve different functions. If I could only keep one it would be which ever I would get the most use out of. It sounds like jumbo would be a daytime bag and the smaller would be a nighttime bag so which ever you find you have more of an opportunity to use.

Thanks all! I haven't decided if I'm keeping both though I want to, I just feel it's excessive since they were bought within months of each other, and I also do lots of clothes shopping as well.

I do take comfort in knowing they are both classic, so it's not going to become like the... Dior Gaucho bag of the mid-aughts or something. And I do prefer vintage ones over new for the gold plating and their supposedly superior quality. Okay now I'm just convincing myself to keep both!

I'd keep both. They're both classic pieces and I feel that if you return one of them, eventually you'll feel like you need to get the other. This happened to me! They are both wonderful pieces to have. One is perfect for daytime and ones great for a night out. Hope this helps!

I have the medium classic Lambskin - it's an incredible bag in terms of quality and very useful. Definition of a classic actually! The large one is not my taste, but they are no longer made and will be hard to replace, if you change your mind. I would keep the one that gets the most use for my lifestyle.

Keep both. You paid great prices for both. If is just "guilt" and not because you can't afford both, then keep them. Just don't buy too many clothes in the next 3 months if it will make you feel better.

Both but if you must keep just one, keep the bigger one. You can't get that as easily and will get more use of it. You can totally wear it day to night. Vintage is awesome. Both look perfect on you, maybe skip a few clothes shopping trips. Chanel handbags will last you lifetimes. Clothes come and go.

In my humble opinion, keep the vintage jumbo and return the smaller chanel. You will get more use with it day or night. And based on your posted pictures, I think the jumbo is in a better condition .. correct me if I am wrong. Enjoy vintage!! :biggrin:

I agree with everyone to keep both. They honestly look amazing on. I can relate to the guilt thing. I bought Chanels v close to each other time wise and i feel guilty but I like what everyone said to just ease up on the clothes purchasing if that makes it feel better!

I do think the sizes are so different that they justify being kept.