Which to get? Neverfull, Speedy B, or Marylebone?

gurlsaved

O.G.
Aug 31, 2011
Hi everyone!!

I'm already plotting my next purchase after my reveals of the Eva and Pochette NM. With my birthday and holidays coming up, I've decided to take the plunge and invest in a larger LV bag. I know the price increase is looming and so I'm taking that into account with the following bags.

What I want is an everyday bag for normal purse items such as wallet, pochette, phone, etc

I've narrowed it down to either the Neverfull PM, Speedy B 25, Speedy B 30, and Marylebone PM - all in the Damier Ebene print

I love the Speedy B carrying options and zipper (in fact almost all my bags have this style, which is why I know I would love it BUT also why would I get another bag with the same style??) I am going back and forth with the 25 and 30.

I love the Marylebone because it is a unique LV bag with great hardware and I love the buttoned look. However, I'm really nervous about having no zipper - this would be my first bag with just an open top.

The Neverfull is also a great option because of its beautiful red interior (on the Speedy's you would not see it much but for the Neverfulls, it pops out which I love). But again no zipper closure makes me scared.

So it all comes down to whether or not I can take the plunge into an open tote or not. Should I venture out with a different type of bag? Or should I just stick with what I know works the best?

I would only be able to afford one and then need to wait/save several months if I chose to purchase another.

Would love any comments!! (p.s., I've already tried the bags on in store and am still going back and forth! ah!)

I got the neverful mm in May and already sold it. I just couldnt warm up to that bag. It never felt like a handbag, it's a tote. Of all of your choices, my vote goes to the Speedy B 30, thought either Speedy would be great. I just purchased the Speedy 30 in damier ebene and I love it! It's the perfect size for everyday and the DE is so worry-free. I chose not to get the Speedy B, but I admire it every single time I see other women with it. The 25 is a good size too, but the opening is a little small, making it awkward to get into easily. Good luck deciding!

I'd say get the Marylebone. Wished I had got that instead of the NF DE MM, I hardly use mine now. Marylebone can be dressy or casual and so pretty to look at. I find the NF too casual and very common (IMHO), You could use a purse organizer to solve the no zipper worry!

I say one of the speedy sizes. I have the de neverfull pm and love it but love my de speedy 25 more. I also had the marylebone pm but took it back because the handles started to wrinkle just from trying on the bag at home.

I have both the speedy b 25 and a neverfull mm. I like my neverfull for a summer tote. The speedy b 25 DE will be my winter bag.

I find the speedy b 25 is large enough for daily needs and it fits loads in.

I would say get the speedy b first as its a good day bag with a zip. Then save for a neverfull

I will choose neverfull/marylebone..
I sold my speedy B 30 in DE. The shoulder strap is uncomfortable. This is the 2nd time i bought the same bag and both ended on selling. No more speedy b DE for me.. :smile:

I sold my Neverfull mm DE because I got bored of seeing the wrinkles on the top leather trim which will occur no matter how careful you are with it. I love DE so I wanted to upgrade to another DE tote. I ended up getting a great deal on the Marylebone GM ( equivalent to the size of the NF mm) from FP. Currently waiting on the arrival of speedy B 25 DE this week. I always say go for one tote and one satchel for variety if u like both styles... GLD!!

Speedy B gets my vote. If you have the opportunity to try it on first, do! The 25 has a bit of a narrow opening for my taste. Always scraping on my hand/watch. 30 is perfect for everyday. Good luck deciding! Xx

You mentioned you have other bags that are closer to the speedy style. Are these classic/durable bags that you would keep a long time? If not, I would suggest the speedy since you like the style and you could use it for a long time to come. If your other bags are long-term bags then I think the Marylebone is a bit more of a purse style than the Neverfull. Good luck!

You mentioned you have other bags that are closer to the speedy style. Are these classic/durable bags that you would keep a long time? If not, I would suggest the speedy since you like the style and you could use it for a long time to come. If your other bags are long-term bags then I think the Marylebone is a bit more of a purse style than the Neverfull. Good luck!

I have three leather bags in the same style - Phillip Lim Pashli, Alexander Wang Rockie, and Rebecca Minkoff MAM (so they are all leather and quite durable but not sure how long I would keep the Rebecca Minkoff one)

I agree that the Marylebone is more of a purse style and i love the details on it.

I really like the marylebone, but I do think the speedy is more versatile. I also say 30.

Just a thought, maybe the totally PM is another option in DE?

GL deciding!

I own the Marylebone pm and I really like it but I would not use it as an everyday purse. I also own the Speedy b 25 and the 30 in de. Either Speedy b25 or 30 in de would be great as an everyday bag. Totally pm in de is also a very good everyday bag, comfortable shoulder carry, zips and has pockets.