Which to choose for 30th birthday present for myself?

Which should I get?

• New WOC

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Vintage M/L Classic Flap

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Vintage GST

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

ProShopper1

Jan 11, 2016
I have about 10 months until my 30th birthday and I decided that I want to gift myself (plus whatever birthday money I get) a Chanel bag. For my wedding my fiancé is getting me my dream bag (new classic jumbo black caviar GHW). I'm thinking it might be between a new WOC (any color or style), vintage (but like new/excellent condition) m/l caviar (navy or beige), or a vintage (but like new/excellent condition) GST caviar (black or navy). I figure the 10 months leaves enough time to get exactly what I end up choosing. What do you ladies/gents think?

they are all so different! how is your lifestyle? do you have kids? Do you like hands free bags? GST can get heavy, so will you be okay with a heavier bag? Lots of random things to consider :P

they are all so different! how is your lifestyle? do you have kids? Do you like hands free bags? GST can get heavy, so will you be okay with a heavier bag? Lots of random things to consider :P
I know that's my problem, I love them all! No kids yet but that is the plan in the future ::knocks on wood::. I commute via trains and subways about 3 hours a day for work. I typically use my MK small backpack or my large Longchamp. I think the GST would be good for that, but I have heard that the straps can be uncomfortable for some people. I don't honestly carry too much to work but I like to have the option in case I have to. The other two I would probably want for more evening events or going to a bar/club where the jumbo might be too big. I love hands free bags, especially when I'm out and have other things to hold (drink, food, etc). So hard to choose!

I was never really a boy fan before but the more I look at them the more I fall in love!
I have many classic bags including the jumbo in beige, medium in black and also medium in white , mini square in black, WOC in black. All caviar .... and I have the GST in black. I finally decided to take the plunge. I've been eyeing the boy for over 4 years........
I figure I absolutely have to have one in my collection!

The GST is good but it's very limited in that's it cannot be a hands-free bag.
The mini is too small. The medium classic flap may be too similar to your jumbo.
I would go for a boy bag (old medium size not new medium) as it can shoulder strap, long shoulder hang, cross body and front body carry.

Reactions: SuzieSueSure
My vote is a mini. I think they fit more and look nicer than a WOC. I was in London two years ago and tried on a GST and didn't love it. I ended up getting a seasonal Chanel (is a black neverfull with a zip) and love that as a big tote, but the jumbo is quite sizable. I would like in terms of weight and casual-ness. IMO a caviar mini looks more dressy than a caviar WOC and can still be dressed down like a WOC. I use the Chanel tote every day for work, but it doesn't give my heart butterflies like a Chanel flap does. It is the most practical and useful Chanel bag I have, but to me a tote is a tote is a tote (which is why I initially passed up on the GST). For a special occasion I would get a flap!

My vote is a mini. I think they fit more and look nicer than a WOC. I was in London two years ago and tried on a GST and didn't love it. I ended up getting a seasonal Chanel (is a black neverfull with a zip) and love that as a big tote, but the jumbo is quite sizable. I would like in terms of weight and casual-ness. IMO a caviar mini looks more dressy than a caviar WOC and can still be dressed down like a WOC. I use the Chanel tote every day for work, but it doesn't give my heart butterflies like a Chanel flap does. It is the most practical and useful Chanel bag I have, but to me a tote is a tote is a tote (which is why I initially passed up on the GST). For a special occasion I would get a flap!
I love the boy bags, but think they have to fit your personal style. I have seen a lot of women rock them, but a lot of women look a little out of place with them. If it's your style, theyre great (personal favorite size is the old medium), but if you're not sold, you may not use it!

I love the boy bags, but think they have to fit your personal style. I have seen a lot of women rock them, but a lot of women look a little out of place with them. If it's your style, theyre great (personal favorite size is the old medium), but if you're not sold, you may not use it!
I do love the minis too! The last time I went into Chanel the SA told me if I was looking for a smaller bag to go for the WOC because it holds about the same amount as the small but is half the price. I was surprised she said that. I didn't end up looking at a side by side comparison because I was really there to check out the jumbo (I was afraid it might to big on my frame since I'm petite at 5'2 but I love it!). I definitely like the idea of an old medium since you can wear it double strapped. Any idea how much one in excellent condition will sell for?

I do love the minis too! The last time I went into Chanel the SA told me if I was looking for a smaller bag to go for the WOC because it holds about the same amount as the small but is half the price. I was surprised she said that. I didn't end up looking at a side by side comparison because I was really there to check out the jumbo (I was afraid it might to big on my frame since I'm petite at 5'2 but I love it!). I definitely like the idea of an old medium since you can wear it double strapped. Any idea how much one in excellent condition will sell for?
haha I am 5'1, so I understand the struggle. In terms of price for a boy it really depends on which one. They tend to go for pretty close to retail 4,000+ in excellent condition. I would contact your store to see if they have any! I love love love my small boy, but it doesn't fit too much. Sometimes I feel that the old medium is too wide and sticks out from my body, but I have grown to love it!