Which tiny Tiffany e-ring?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
This is not one I'm considering for my daughter! I mentioned a ring for my daughter in another thread. But this is a young teacher that I work with. She and her boyfriend graduated college last June and they are just starting out. The rings they really liked at Tiffanys are:
1) Channel Round .41, "H", IF (does this stand for internally flawless?)
10 round diamonds on side which make an additional .25 weight $4,680

2) Lucida Split Shank .44, "H", VS1 52 teeny diamonds on split band which =.07 $5,100

Apparently the Lucida Split Shank is only a month old and is on the Tiffany website. The Lucida band is thinner and more dainty/delicate looking than the Channel.
My friend is going crazy trying to decide! She likes the look of the Lucida cause it is new and different. But the Channel ring feels heavier and more substantial. What do you think?

Personally, I don't like the look of the original Lucida band/e-ring. While the diamond is gorgeous, the band always looked "heavy" to me.

Now a split shank........there's an idea!!! I think I'd have to see it to really decide, but just hearing it compared to a channel sounds better already. I prefer daintier bands.

Attachments

• TiffanyLucidaSplit.jpg
    TiffanyLucidaSplit.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
I love the split shank Lucinda!

Can she get more options called in for her if she goes for the channel? IF is totally overkill, especially in that size. She could get bigger if she dropped down to VS1.

Do you think the split shank Lucida is too small in a .44? She said there was a Novo in a .61 or a .65 that was in the low $8,000s and it did not look any bigger than the .44 Lucida. She also liked the Novo band worn next to the split shank. It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to pay over $3,000 more for the Novo when it doesn't look at all bigger. I think I will try to encourage the Lucida over the Channel. I agree that you don't need the IF on the Channel.

I'm surprised about not being able to see a size difference, but if she can't, that's great! I just wonder if her store is calling in rings from other stores to make sure she gets exactly what she wants.

I'm surprised about not being able to see a size difference, but if she can't, that's great! I just wonder if her store is calling in rings from other stores to make sure she gets exactly what she wants.

I'm surprised as well.

I'm guessing that the Lucida has wider sides.....even though it's split......perhaps that is giving it the optical illusion?

I guess it does make an optical illusion. She said the diamonds look exactly the same size. The most noticable difference was the width of the band and the overall weight of the ring. The Lucida was very light. Perhaps after the holidays, she will try to get other split-shank Lucidas transferred in. The one she saw was a transfer for another customer who decided not to purchase it.

I like the Novo too. But my friend did not care for the ribbon ring in her size range (budget). She really loved the 2 that I mentioned above. I still think that the split-shank is really nice!