• Mercedes GL550

• Range Rover Sport

• BMW X5

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheryl

Obsessed
O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
My DH and I are looking into getting a new SUV this summer, We can't decide between the new Porsche Cayenne GTS, Mercedes G550, Range Rover Sport, or the BMW X5 :shrugs:
Which would you buy and why?

Attachments

• porschecayennegtsdriving.jpg
    porschecayennegtsdriving.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 31_2008_Mercedes_Benz_GL550_S.jpg
    31_2008_Mercedes_Benz_GL550_S.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 62
  • range-rover-sport-le-front.jpg
    range-rover-sport-le-front.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 49
  • nurburgring_x5.jpg
    nurburgring_x5.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 56
Range Rovers have horrid reliability. To be honest, none of these appeal to me for a choice of SUV but the Range Rover would be at the bottom of my list of these 4.

The Mercedes GL550 would be your best choice...I was just looking for a new SUV this weekend and I am really thinking about trading my Hummer2 for a Mercedes GL550 because it drives great!! not that hummer2 dosent, but its great to change.

Yes, I have had SUV's for the last 5 years or so and this last time I traded my Infiniti FX45 (SUV) in for a Lexus GS350 and although its a nice car... its a car and I hate it, LOL
I just have to have an SUV again, Right now its just the 2 of us but we will be planning a family soon (Within the time of having the next car, Hopefully)

i saw a GL550 today and thought it was a beautiful machine, even though i'm not much of a mercedes girl. i test drove the X5 in '04 when i got my SUV, and wasn't overly impressed with it (just as my dad hadn't liked it when he test drove it 2 years previous, when he bought a BMW sedan)

I ended up choosing a Toyota 4Runner, a good $10,000-15,000 less expensive than any of the cars I test dove and MUCH less expensive than the other SUVs that my parents wanted me to choose (my dad wanted me to get a Land Rover, my mom wanted me to get a Lexus - it was my high school graduation present). Almost 4 years later, I'm more glad than ever that I didn't go with a more expensive car just because it was more expensive or more flashy. Every time I see my 4Runner, I want to hug it. I wouldn't trade it for any of the luxury SUVs pictured.

what is it that attracts you to these cars? what are you looking for in a vehicle? is there anything particularly special you need it to be able to do?

I have the BMW SUV ....Im literally dying over giving it up for a BMW sedan(Kids are older and I want a car..SNIFF!)..I adore it.It has been the BEST car I ever had.Its my 4th BMW and my all time most fave one.It drives like a car and handles FANTASTIC in bad weather.Great,Im talking myself out of picking up my new BMW next week..LOL...
SERIOUSLY.....I cant say enough about the BMW.

My DH and I are looking into getting a new SUV this summer, We can't decide between the new Porsche Cayenne GTS, Mercedes G550, Range Rover Sport, or the BMW X5 :shrugs:
Which would you buy and why?

The ranking for them for me would be:

1. X5
2. G550
3. RR Sport
4. Cayenne

I've been in all four and I own the G550, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

What color are you looking at getting?

It depends on what you want an SUV for. Do you need a lot of space? Or do you want just a big car?

I would buy the Range Rover if it weren't for reliability issues, just for the looks :lol: IMO the Cayenne is too small on the inside. The X5 is too common (sorry Jill! :shame:smile:. You don't see the GL very often on the road, and it definitely fits a lot! So yes, I'd choose the GL over all for practicality and design.

I have an X3 & am sorely lusting after an X5!
No make equals BMW in my book! Ardent diehard fan!
Total reliability, I have always driven a BM since I was single except for a few years when ex was too miserable to buy me one despite driving a Merc & a Jag himself! DUH!!!!

We have three Mercedes. My DH has a GL 550 and an E 550, and I have an ML 550. This is my second one....I just traded in my ML 450 in December. Mercedes is a wonderful car, but so are all the others on your list.

My DH used to have a BMW SUV that we absolutely loved. I actually cried when he sold it. I think the Range Rovers are nice looking and look like they could go just about anywhere!