which style for dinner bag?

Hi! I'm sorry, but I just want to clarify. Are you asking us what bag we think might be nice to wear out to dinner? My favorite bag ever is the medium flap, and while they are in the $2600 ball park now, you can certainly find deals on ebay, etc. for less. Otherwise, the WOC is a great day/evening bag! You can double the chain up and carry it more formally or wear it messenger style for a casual day look... two in one! :P The timeless clutch is also a beautiful bag... not as versatile as the WOC IMO, but I love the look! It fits a lot too! Another option is the e/w... same proportions as the medium flap, only half the height! That's also in your price range. :smile:

thanks for your reply. Yes I am interested in the med flap that is larger than the mini right? that is too small for me so I am looking for something a bit larger. How does the med flap differ from the E W? I tried the WOC thought it was a great idea and would use it as a bag and wallet but with the heavy chain putting it in another bag was too awkward so returned it. do you know the dimensions of the med flap? about 10 " long maybe? thanks so much!
PS have been scouring ebay and recommended re-sellers, really need to stay below 2000

I use my Chanel caviar clutch for evenings out...and I think a new one would keep you somewhat within your price range.....I hope you find the perfect bag...good luck with your search...

OP, I think the m/l classic flap will be a good choice, the caviar now I believe is $2600.
Yes, the m/l is 10". You can also try to find the s/m, which is 9", and it's around $2425 for caviar.
If you like woc, I think the chevron styles and brilliant woc might meet your needs, since they're wider on the sides than regular woc, it's almost like a small flap. The WOCs are around $1500 - $1800 I think. HTH!!

I use the medium flap for dinner and semi-formal lunches. You can fit a small, digital camera inside along with your wallet, keys, lipstick and phone. I have not bought a new one in a few years so I do not know the price right now. Another poster mentioned it was around $2600 which sounds about right. The smaller version only fits a wallet, keys and lipstick. I have one of the smaller flaps and I never use it because I like to carry my phone and camera with me. It depends on what you need to carry in the purse.

thanks ladies, I agree the med flap is the way to go. Just hope i can find one maybe thru a re-seller, just bought a bag really shouldn't spend now! Btw whats the diff between east west and med flap?
oh and i'm new here, what is op next my name? :smile:

thanks ladies, I agree the med flap is the way to go. Just hope i can find one maybe thru a re-seller, just bought a bag really shouldn't spend now! Btw whats the diff between east west and med flap?
oh and i'm new here, what is op next my name? :smile:

East west is more 'rectangular' than the medium flap. They hold the same amount though, since the E/W doesn't have the inner flap like the medium does.

OP is original poster.

The medium flap is currently $2600 in the US. It holds just slightly more than the east/west. I use my E/Ws a lot for dinners out because it's so light, and I love the single strap and single flap.

thanks ladies I found a 2.55 on ebay for $1500. Not a recommended tpf seller but good rating and top seller. Still a newbie here, what is the 2.55 is that the med flap? Its is caviar which i prefer and I also saw a bubble flap by a recommend tpf seller "fashionguru" for about same price. measurements are same: 10.5x6x2, would you go for th bubble? Never saw one in person, bubble or caviar?!

Bonnie, welcome to TPF. There are so many informative threads that could be informative to you. CHANNEL REFERENCE LIBRARY is particularly useful to answer your questions :
You could get your answer here http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-reference-library/reference-2-55-vs-classic-flaps-407757.html
- Bubble
You could get your answer here. http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-reference-library/post-your-bubble-quilt-items-here-153023.html
- Dimension
You could get your answer here. http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-r...mensions-of-the-timeless-classics-485001.html

thanks ladies I found a 2.55 on ebay for $1500. Not a recommended tpf seller but good rating and top seller. Still a newbie here, what is the 2.55 is that the med flap? Its is caviar which i prefer and I also saw a bubble flap by a recommend tpf seller "fashionguru" for about same price. measurements are same: 10.5x6x2, would you go for th bubble? Never saw one in person, bubble or caviar?!

Last edited:
Small flap is only 1" smaller than m/l (its bigger than the mini by quite a bit) and its 2450. m/l is great too! I'm not a huge fan of the E/W (I just don't like how its so long and narrow) but it would work well as an evening bag if you like the style.