Which Style For A Conservative Office?

lil_miss_sha

May 17, 2007
I'm starting a new job in January at a law firm and want to base my purchase of an '08 color on the style that would suit the environment. I want a brighter bag, preferably the new Magenta. However, I'm also looking at the Vert Thyme. I just need something in which I can put my basic purse stuff (check book size wallet, sunglasses, eyeglasses, lip balm and two coin purses); a style that will look classic but slightly trendy. Any suggestions???

TIA! :smile:

Thanks for the suggestions so far!!! I'm nervous about the Work merely because I'm a shorter woman and it's a big bag. I've also been wanted something that hangs from my shoulders. I love the Purse style but that's been discontinued. I've also been looking at the Day but I'm not sure how that will look with a suit and translate to the office environment.

I am an attorney and I think the Work, City or Brief would all look great in a conservative law firm environment. I am buying a Black City with Giant hardware to wear to work, and will eventually get a Work too. We are business casual at my firm.

What about the City? The one in your avatar looks perfect! :smile: Or are you wanting to branch out to a different style? In that case, I think the Day might be nice, but in a bright color it would probably be too much and I would stick w/the City.

I think a City or a Step! The step was sophisticated and I was able to wear it as a shoulder bag too. I am 5'6. You might be able to find a Step in a dark color,maybe plomb or black?
Good luck, let us know:yes:

Thanks for the suggestions so far!!! I'm nervous about the Work merely because I'm a shorter woman and it's a big bag. I've also been wanted something that hangs from my shoulders. I love the Purse style but that's been discontinued. I've also been looking at the Day but I'm not sure how that will look with a suit and translate to the office environment.

I love the Day. I'm tall (5' 9") and I feel this bag is long for me, but I love the long look of it. I think a City would work best for you, and as much as I love the giant hardware, I think maybe the original smaller hw would be more conservative. Or I would do a more subdued color with GH, or a bold color with small hardware.

The Work is obvious, but it's very big, so I'm actually going to say the Brief or the Part Time. AND, I would suggest going with the Giant Hardware, since the tassels, while gorgeous, are somewhat less professional.

i would say a step or a part time! the step is a smaller alternative to the city and the part time is just an overall great shape. i love the day but i use it more as a casual bag because of its slouchiness. i'm not sure if magenta would be the color i would use for work (i myself used black or brown).