Which Stuart Weitzman Semi Boot should I get?

PurseACold

Louboutin, 2010s Givenchy, & 2020s Bottega Veneta
O.G.
Jan 7, 2014
I have to have Stuart Weitzman's new Semi Boot (wedge style). I'd plan to use it a lot for everyday and work use. I wear mostly dresses (usually above the knee or around knee length). Do you think I should get the Black Nappa or the Black Suede, both pictured below? Help please :biggrin:

Attachments

• SEMI_BLANAP_12.jpg
    SEMI_BLANAP_12.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 599
  • SEMI_BLASUE_12.jpg
    SEMI_BLASUE_12.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 573
I had to choose between nappa and suede when I bought my SW 5050s and I ultimately bought the nappas. Leather can be wiped clean, the shine is nice and looks great worn over leather pants/leggings, and I find that suede tends to sag more and when you brush it (with a suede brush for maintenance) it looks like the suede starts to pill or rather just looks fuzzy and there's also the danger of scuffing. A great leather boot will and should last a lifetime and the nappa will do that. I bought my 5050s in 2010 and they still look brand new. :smile:

I had to choose between nappa and suede when I bought my SW 5050s and I ultimately bought the nappas. Leather can be wiped clean, the shine is nice and looks great worn over leather pants/leggings, and I find that suede tends to sag more and when you brush it (with a suede brush for maintenance) it looks like the suede starts to pill or rather just looks fuzzy and there's also the danger of scuffing. A great leather boot will and should last a lifetime and the nappa will do that. I bought my 5050s in 2010 and they still look brand new. :smile:
Thanks! That's great advice. I have the Stuart Weitzman Highline Swoon Row in both black nappa and black suede, and I definitely wear the leather ones more for the reason you mention. But I really love the different look of each. I ordered both and will see if I fall for one over the other. Otherwise, I'll likely keep just the nappa. Thanks again :smile:

I have to have Stuart Weitzman's new Semi Boot (wedge style). I'd plan to use it a lot for everyday and work use. I wear mostly dresses (usually above the knee or around knee length). Do you think I should get the Black Nappa or the Black Suede, both pictured below? Help please :biggrin:
Hello,
Just curious, which ones did you end up keeping? The suede or nappa leather boots? Just curious because I just ordered the suede and currently waiting on them to arrive.

I ended up keeping the napa. I loved both, but I thought the nappa would be more practical for me and I could justify only 1 pair. I think you'll love the suede!

I ended up keeping the napa. I loved both, but I thought the nappa would be more practical for me and I could justify only 1 pair. I think you'll love the suede!
Hi! I'm looking at purchasing the semi boots but am wondering about the shaft height. I'm only 5', do you think they'll end up being like thigh highs on me? Almost ever site I go to has a different shaft height in the description! Do you know if the heights vary with size?

My suede Semi boots came in yesterday. I absolutely love them. They are very comfortable but a little on the narrow side in the toe area when compared to my 5050 boots. Hopefully they will stretch out a bit. I wear a size 10 and they go past my knees at 5'8. Thanks your your input!

Wow, so they don't go past the knees for 5'7, yet they do for someone 5'8?? This so confusing! I chatted with CS from the SW website and she said she was 5'4 and owned the semis and they didn't go past her knees. Maybe the height varies with shoe size...