Which stretches more....leather or patent leather?

I've been reading thru some threads that discuss about stretching of leather with the CL's. Seems like the general concensus is to buy the size that fits just snuggly, then stretch the shoe with thick socks or shoe stretchers to the comfortable level. Since I'm researching to get my first pair of CL's ,and I have a mild bunion problem, I would like to find out which is easier to stretch.... leather or patent leather? Or are they just about the same? TIA :biggrin:

JuneHawk, Boraxkim: Thanks for your input. I've tried a pair of NEW SIMPLE pump in black PATENT at a store one time, and this patent leather felt softer than any other patent's that I've tried before. Could it be that maybe alot of people have tried on this particular sample , or CL's patent (with the SIMPLE PUMPS) leather is a bit softer than others?

my new simple pump patent seems pretty soft -- it's definitely not stiff like the rolando, but i think it's also just the contruction and design of the shoe. the new simples are always a lot more forgiving size-wise and stretch-wise than some other styles.

i certainly hope the patent rolandos will have *some* stretch... i sized up .5 and am breaking them in today! will let you know how that works out... so far, i am losing sensation in my big toe.

My patent tiger NP's (in my avatar) stretched out great. I put socks on and blasted the toe boxes with my hair dryer. Once the patent is hot, then I walked around the house for a while (with the socks still on). My patent NP's actually ended up to be more comfortable than my eel skin NP's!!!!

I don't have any patent CL's, but I do have leather, and they have stretched ALOT.

However, I was at the CL boutique just last week, trying on some patent VP's...They were a tiny tiny bit on the large side, and the SA completely talked me out of getting them as she said they would stretch a lot and be huge on me. She said I'd really regret getting them...

Definitely leather more than patent, but the patent stretches too. It just takes more time.

i certainly hope the patent rolandos will have *some* stretch... i sized up .5 and am breaking them in today! will let you know how that works out... so far, i am losing sensation in my big toe.

The same thing happened to me harlow3! I felt like my toes had to fold in half to fit the rolandos, and they all went numb. I gave up in the long run. I hadn't sized up though, so I'm sure that makes it worse.

My patent tiger NP's (in my avatar) stretched out great. I put socks on and blasted the toe boxes with my hair dryer. Once the patent is hot, then I walked around the house for a while (with the socks still on). My patent NP's actually ended up to be more comfortable than my eel skin NP's!!!!

wow!! what a good tip, thanks! now i want to try that...

LOL harlow... the things we do for our shoes!

heehee... no pain no gain. i've finally made it back home and now am in desperate need of a good foot massage. no blisters, just some slightly smushed toes.

if anyone's wondering though, i swear by band-aid's blister block to prevent blisters! i always keep it in my purse ;)