Which stage of the patina do you like best?

1. as for me I like both or...when it is still almost white I want it to darken, and when it is darkened I yearn for the white again :weird: :nuts:

2. I like it when it's darker. Less worry about getting it dirty.:biggrin:

3. that's true. at the moment I can't wait for my speedy to turn darker! How long will it take? I don't remember from my Noé...I have it for three weeks now (the speedy) and don't notice any change yet...

4. I like it light. Just like puppies, I wish it could stay like that forever!

5. I guess more you use the bag faster it will turn color. I used my Noe every day since I got it and it took almost no time for it to patina.

6. I've been using it every day since :smile:

7. I prefer it without patina, or just with a hint of it.

8. I've been using my Speedy every day for about 3 weeks and it's also getting darker by the day. I really want it to darken up some more but it's taking forever! LOL. I prefer the darker leather because I think it blends better with the canvas.

9. The level of UV rays will also affect how quick the patina process will be . I find that when I carry my bags in the summer, they patina noticeably faster than when I carry them the same number of times in the winter.
    If you want to speed up the patina process while indoors, you could place your speedy by a small window for a few hours where there is some sunlight shining through. If you do that for a few weeks, you should see a difference.

As for your first question, the stage of patina I like best depends on the bag. For example, the white MC bags look best with "newborn" vachetta. And interestingly, I also think white MC looks good with a very old patina. On white MC, the patina looks the most unattractive (IMO) when it's in the middle stages.
    Some mono canvas bags definitely look better with more patina - eg, the alma, the bucket bag. Other mono bags can carry off both ends of the spectrum.

Sferics likes this.
  10. I like it with a very light patina or none

11. i like the light color cuz it feels new and really soft.. but then the patina, when is dark.. i worry less about cleanliness:smile:

12. I have to add that I like the dark patina only when I had the piece from the start. wouldn't want to buy a used, darkened bag...

13. I prefer it dark--the light colored leather causes me too muct worry!

14. No patina for me...i wish i could stop it!!!:sad2:

15. Love it when it starts to get darker..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice