Which Speedy for a tall girl?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi All,
    First time thread starter here! I am in the market for a Speedy, and always figured I would end up with the 30 because of my Height. I am 5'9 145lbs, and figured the speedy 25 would be too small. However, I recently tried on my friend's 30 and, It might just be the angle of the subsequent picture, but I found it looked big. I don't carry much, and I normally prefer small crossbody bags, I just don't want to look Iike I'm carrying a toy. I don't live near an LV store so I can only go by pictures! If any tall girls have advice or pics, I'd be grateful!
    Merry Christmas!

MooMooVT likes this.
  2. 30 is the most ideal size imo

almostperfect0918 likes this.
  3. I’m a little over 5’8 and I have a Speedy B 25 and a regular Speedy 30. I love both of them and think they both look great with my body frame. I think the Speedy B is better in the 25 size for a crossbody or shoulder bag, but for a hand carry bag I think the Speedy 30 is better proportionally.

4. Hello! I'm 5'11" and about 150, and I have the Speedy B 30..... I feel it's perfect!

carleykitten likes this.
  5. 30 bandolier

6. I'm 5'11" 140 lbs. and love my Speedy B 25 Empriente. I wear it crossbody and it's perfect!

carleykitten likes this.
  7. I am on the tall side and since you thought the 30 was too large - I would get the 25 - the 25 is not really that small - the only reason I did not get it is because the small opening would drive me nuts.

Cattyyellow and carleykitten like this.
  8. Are you interested in mono canvas or leather?
    The speedy 25 in canvas is too small for me. Yet in leathers, I find the 25 perfect! The leather versions are slightly larger with a bigger opening.
    I personally think when time permits, you should definitely go and try them on. That is the only way for you to truly make the best decision for you!

9. I’m a 5’11 gal and my Speedy Ban 30 is the perfect size. I was also torn. The 25 is cute but looked ridiculous on me :tdown:

10. Thanks for the replies! I'm leaning more toward the 25. I have a vintage chanel mini that I've never considered too small, and I only ever wear or purchase small bags, so I think I would find the 30 too large. If Audrey Hepburn can rock a speedy 25 at 5'9 so can I, right???

Cattyyellow likes this.
  11. I know, no point in spending all that cash on something you don't wear!!!

Cattyyellow likes this.
  12. Speedy 35 or 40

Butterlite and carleykitten like this.
  13. Well, of course it comes down to personal preference. I’m 5’7” and chose the 30, but I tried the 35 too. The 35 seemed too big for me. It just depends on what you want to carry on a regular basis. I think the 30 is a more popular size but the 25 has a big following too. Good luck deciding!!!!

carleykitten likes this.
  14. If you are a small bag girl go for the 25. I made the mistake of getting the 30 when I thought it looked a bit too big. I thought I would get used to it but I never did and I only used it twice before I sold it a few years later.

It sounds to me as if you are the same. I also prefer smaller bags and I don’t carry much. The Speedy 30 felt huge to me in terms of what I carry as well.

carleykitten likes this.
  15. I am 180cm, 60kg. I have speedy B 30 and 35! I prefer 35 B! I think the size fits my height. That’s also why I love big bags!!